Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It isn't mate.

Go to the next Open Doors Construction site event in the future. You'll learn a lot more about the arena. And you'll appreciate what a fantastic arena it is, and will be for Manchester.
This is the essence for me.

Rather than an Etihad extension in capacity I believe we are looking at a future major stadium revamp like RM and surrounding area. Lots of factors come onto play but it is hard to believe plans are not in place. We are looking at a demographic shift.

In part lost the generations of local City fans atttending and coming back but also the matchday demographic with the experience of others from farther afield.

Footprint doesn't look as bid as the MEN Arena (AO) or is that just an illusion ?

Without knowing the dimensions of the AO Arena, it's hard to tell.

But looking at aerial photographs on the AO Arena, I'd say the COOP Live Arena is bigger in size.

1633978633890.png

It might be the best thing since sliced bread, but unless they sort out Transport and in particular the awful Metrolink why would anyone risk being stranded near the Etihad at that time of night.

It wasn't that long ago that the Met closed at 10.30 on a Sunday ffs. I remember me and 20,000 people all leaving the MEN arena after ELO one year and discovering no trams. 24hr city ??

Transport to and from the COOP Live Arena is an important issue for City, OVG, MCC, and TFGM. Watch this space.

Transport to and from the COOP Live Arena is an important issue for City, OVG, MCC, and TFGM. Watch this space.
I hope it's top of the list. It's getting worse travelling home now, especially night games. The recent 3 o'clock KOs have been better for me personally getting home but the night games are a real pain in the arse.

A couple of slight over lapping duplicate pictures.

D61-D9608-128-F-4-E85-A2-E2-9-A783-D0-A6256-1-201-a.jpg

C59-EB3-D5-6-A11-4-AC1-BA07-238-DFF71-B985-1-201-a.jpg

0-CC9-BEF8-5916-4597-A3-BD-A8-B0-B4-FE1-E1-C-1-201-a.jpg

AFB23-F23-1-AA1-4737-A98-B-5-AAB4089398-F-1-201-a.jpg

CA8-B7-E86-FDF6-4731-A5-AD-A169-E17845-BB-1-201-a.jpg

D653719-D-16-AD-4-E77-85-AA-DAD8-A8-BCD607-1-201-a.jpg

80-B61-F14-B8-B7-41-F5-AA8-E-CD848-AD50-BBB-1-201-a.jpg

E9-ADF39-F-ABD8-4-B7-E-9594-AC3-E764-AF45-A.jpg
Nice one. It's not until the final 2 pictures that you realise how big the parts already up are. I had to scroll back and reconsider what I was looking at.

It might be the best thing since sliced bread, but unless they sort out Transport and in particular the awful Metrolink why would anyone risk being stranded near the Etihad at that time of night.

It wasn't that long ago that the Met closed at 10.30 on a Sunday ffs. I remember me and 20,000 people all leaving the MEN arena after ELO one year and discovering no trams. 24hr city ??
I was there that night. They employed people to stand at the entrances saying no trams available. Left loads in the shit. Barely used the Manchester vanity project since.

Not sure it’s improved one iota since.

I was at the new Spurs stadium for the NFL game yesterday. All the beer taps broke just before half time.

As I queued up watching the staff pour cans into cups it did cross my mind that if it happened at a new City stadium some posters would never get over it.

Me too, up to that point I was impressed, got served in the Dispensary bar before and during the first half in less than 5 seconds each time, enjoying a few nice pints of Beavertown Neck Oil at (ahem) £6.90 a pint.

Then it all went to shit and ended up queuing for 20 minutes for a can of Guiness in a plastic cup and an overpriced Burrito.

The bars opened at the end of the game and only Bud available on Draft. (at £6.90 too).

Would be great if anything happens on the subject of Metrolink, but let's not forget it was due to be in place for the Commonwealth Games in 2002, but limped in 11 years late after more delays in 2013 and it's barely been fit for purpose since then. No stacked Trams back to the City Centre and the Ashton exit is clogged as the Trams share the roads with the traffic leaving the ground.

If MCC and TfGM were bothered about transport then why have they done nothing for over a decade? Not just for our home games, but for any major event held at the Etihad?

I hope whatever plans are in place for the COOP also apply to moving our 50,000 people, quickly and safely at least 25 times a year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.