Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Pep is here for the long term.

Would Grealish have signed in the knowledge of Pep leaving in 2 seasons?

And with the quality of kids now appearing around the club, will be want to leave those to another coach?

And finally and in all seriousness, where the hell does he go and have the same power, influence and carte blanche as he has with us?

He's already been here for the long term, at the end of his present contract, he will have served seven years, that's a lifetime for any manager these days, certainly someone as coveted at Pep.

I don't think Grealish would be demanding to know from Pep his future intentions, as a minimum two years with Pep is a huge carrot in itself.

He doesn't need to go anywhere at the end of his present agreement with us, he's already intimated he would likely take another well-earned sabbatical, perhaps with a view to managing a national team, when his time is at an end with City.

There are a lot of uncertainties, he could win a Champions League trophy between now and then, which would possibly colour his thinking?

That's why I said that someone with world wide standing, such as Haaland, would be demanding to know Pep's longevity at City, and is the type of player that likely convinces the manager to do a ten-stretch!

Liverpool blowing the title, failing to win any cups.

Losing a lot of big matches.

Leicester twice blowing the chance of Champions league qualification in the last game of the season.

And please don't mention Celtic, he did well up there, very well, but against what and who? Rangers we in turmoil and Celtic had the lot to themselves.

As said, Rodgers in a very good coach/ manager, only a fool would argue he is not but as a man, personality and character, I personally dislike him, he comes over as a total creep and from a far a lot of his players see through him in time.

Sorry but those examples don't tell me anything about the weakness in his character that you refer to. They might be a symptom of it but they may not be; it's the why they prove a character weakness that interests me.

I get why people don't like him but I wonder how much of those perceptions are really a misjudgment of the man. Some people don't like Pep.

Liverpool will have ensured the truth behind his unceremonious sacking has been well and truly hidden, and he isn’t going to say owt.

Join the dots and make your own mind up. In any case, if he's not good enough for them, why would he be good right for City?

I thought his sacking was harsh at the time. And IIRC, it took Klopp quite some time to genuinely improve on the results Rodgers was getting.

If it wasn't about results, do enlighten us.

And, however successful or otherwise Rodgers was at Liverpool, it was several years ago and he has surely learnt plenty since then and developed as a manager and coach.

People don't seem to want to give him much credit for what he did at Celtic but he proved that he could make the very best of a very favourable situation. He also gave Pep's City a tough time in the UCL. Didn't he also get Celtic to give very creditable performances against a strong Barcelona?

Sorry but those examples don't tell me anything about the weakness in his character that you refer to. They might be a symptom of it but they may not be; it's the why they prove a character weakness that interests me.

I get why people don't like him but I wonder how much of those perceptions are really a misjudgment of the man. Some people don't like Pep.
No problem, opinions.

I just hope the man comes nowhere near this club.

Go on then, give us a clear example of that.

Bottled what should have been a guaranteed title with Liverpool
Bottled what should have been a guaranteed top four with Leicester City two years in a row
Lost European games to Lincoln Red Imps, AEK Athens and Zorya Luhansk

His teams have a clear problem performing when the pressure is really on. Contrast this with Pep who always holds his leads in the title race (first season aside).

The other concern I have with Rodgers is his awful treatment of players like Iheanacho at Leicester. He's very much a manager who picks his favourites and starts them no matter how badly things are going, which to me suggests a lack of will to admit when he's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.