Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been long saga with Sterling, and given his consistent underperforming and our need for a striker, I think selling him in January (under the condition Bernardo actually stay) and buying striker in the summer transfer window would be the best option for our current needs. His salary of 300k/week is a real burden in case of buying first class striker.
The moment to say goodbye is actually pretty good for both parties, given he didn't have any critical impact on 21/22 current results.

We best resign Leroy Sane and David silva if we are to ever see the best of Sterling again

I would much rather see Raz regain his form if a cpl if years ago than have him leave.
He's been a huge player for us but unfortunately he's either lost form ( for us) or he's having a confidence crisis..he seems a bit unsettled but we all know how good he can be when on form.

He's got two years left on his contract, he's 26 and a regular England International. My only concern in all of this is that we finally sell a player in his prime and get suitable fee for him. Anything less than 60 million will be an outraged.
I feel you but I'd speculate that we have seen his "prime". peak age differs from player to player.

I realise it’s not the done thing to mention The Guardian in any way other than burn the hq down on here but the article about Sterling today is far more balanced than the headlines in the gutter press. It is worth reading as they quote what he said, not what some journo thinks he said

it is a valid point. While the quote itself is actually true, the context itself isnt exactly fully shown.

He did ultimately say what he knew would trigger the headlines, he knows how it works, and knew what he was doing imo.

Last edited:
He has played a huge part for us and if he leaves he should be treated with our utmost respect. His City form has been bad for quite some time now and if it means that we can get Haaland, what is not to like.

In years to come, when Sterling's legacy is examined and he is rightly heralded as a crucial part of English football's best ever side, and one of our greatest ever players, I better not see any of you who are smugly saying "I never rated him" try to rewrite history.

His treatment by certain 'fans' has been, and remains, nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

Without Raheem Sterling, we don't win the league with 100 points. Maybe we don't win the league at all. That's how many points he won us single handedly that season.

Without Raheem Sterling, we don't win the league in 18/19 either. No domestic treble.

I'm not arguing that he's in awful form for us now. I'm arguing that he deserves a hell if a lot more respect. Certain 'fans' are acting like he's Jesus fucking Navas.
Wow. Every player of our successful seasons as been vital to that success.
But that Sterling won us the league and the domestic treble is a hefty statement.
It's almost a parallel to Messi carrying Barcelona.
Sterling was a better player then than he is now, but he was just an important cog in that side's wheel, just as Sergio, Kev Vinny etc, were.
Sterling in his best days for the club was on fire.
But sadly for us and him that fire as turned into a flickering flame.
But if indeed he does go I will remember him at his best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.