Title Medals from 1968 awarded on Saturday

Stan's looking well in that interview. About time the EFL got this sorted, all those players contributed - especially Dowd who kept 3 clean sheets and Hince who scored 2 goals. A pity for Stan Bowles who made 4 appearances (2 goals) but just misses out.
[/QUOTE

He made more appearances in the bookies I believe.

Took part in 5 games appently.
How far are they backdating it ? And are they awarding backdated medals using a pro rata system as there were far fewer games in the olden days ?

I suppose it’s nice for the people involved but I think it’s all a bit daft.

How far are they backdating it ? And are they awarding backdated medals using a pro rata system as there were far fewer games in the olden days ?

I suppose it’s nice for the people involved but I think it’s all a bit daft.
There's no limit to how far back this can go. It's down to a club to make a submission to the EFL and pay for the medals once they've been approved by the league statisticians. The rags and both Merseyside clubs have all got involved in this in relation to old title wins.
I'd imagine there are fewer players eligible than people might imagine as squad rotation didn't happen back then and there were no subs until the mid 60s, only one per game for a long time after that and for quite a few years he'd only get on the pitch if there was an injury. They did play 42 games per season though rather than 38.

There's no limit to how far back this can go. It's down to a club to make a submission to the EFL and pay for the medals once they've been approved by the league statisticians. The rags and both Merseyside clubs have all got involved in this in relation to old title wins.
I'd imagine there are fewer players eligible than people might imagine as squad rotation didn't happen back then and there were no subs until the mid 60s, only one per game for a long time after that and for quite a few years he'd only get on the pitch if there was an injury. They did play 42 games per season though rather than 38.
Surprised the dippers haven’t been holding vigils to commemorate “the forgotten”.

What about when the league was in its infancy and there were only 10 or 11 teams, pro rata you’d only need 2 appearances for a medal.

I don’t think you should rewrite past rules from the future.

2 players from 1937 would qualify if the 1960s rules were the same.

Not sure when they started giving medals, as they did not always award a trophy.

Niall Quinn still misses out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.