Title Medals from 1968 awarded on Saturday

I dont think it was was it? Kennedy still played regardless of whether he got a medal or not (til now)

Thought that fact was the fa cup win in 69? Last all english fa cup winners
As I recall, Bobby Kennedy played all his games early season in 1967-8. In fact we had an indifferent start to the campaign and only really got going when Lee arrived in the October. After that we had a settled side throughout and that gave rise to the claim that we won the title with all-English players. Don't know whether we were the last all-English team to win the FA Cup though, but of course we did win it with no "foreigners " !

As I recall, Bobby Kennedy played all his games early season in 1967-8. In fact we had an indifferent start to the campaign and only really got going when Lee arrived in the October. After that we had a settled side throughout and that gave rise to the claim that we won the title with all-English players. Don't know whether we were the last all-English team to win the FA Cup though, but of course we did win it with no "foreigners " !
I've had a look at my copy of Gary James's City Complete Record from 2006.

Kennedy's first two appearances were as a sub for the 21st and 30th league games, followed by a start in the 31st, and a trio of starts covering the 35th to 37th league games.

My point being that if kennedy played only one game in that league winning season we werent an all english title winning team

I've had a look at my copy of Gary James's City Complete Record from 2006.

Kennedy's first two appearances were as a sub for the 21st and 30th league games, followed by a start in the 31st, and a trio of starts covering the 35th to 37th league games.
Bloody hell, my memory really is going !

Apparently 4 medals will be awarded to our players at HT on Saturday as the rules have been updated to include players who played fewer games.
There are still other players who have missed out as shown below with starting appearances and substitute in brackets:
  • Stan Bowles - 4
  • Alan Ogley - 2
  • Roy Cheetham - 2 (1)
  • Chris Jones - 2
  • John Clay - 1 (1)
Those honoured on Saturday:
  • Harry Dowd - 7
  • Paul Hince - 6
  • Stan Horne - 4 (1)
  • Bobby Kennedy - 4 (2)
Stan Bowles looks the most unfortunate as he scored 2 goals in those 4 appearances.

P.S. - Just checked the new rule, you have to be involved in 5 games so Stan Horne and Bobby Kennedy get in because they were used as substitutes. Poor Stan Bowles it just doesn't seem fair!

Last edited:
There are still other players who have missed out as shown below with starting appearances and substitute in brackets:
  • Stan Bowles - 4
  • Alan Ogley - 2
  • Roy Cheetham - 2 (1)
  • Chris Jones - 2
  • John Clay - 1 (1)
Those honoured on Saturday:
  • Harry Dowd - 7
  • Paul Hince - 6
  • Stan Horne - 4 (1)
  • Bobby Kennedy - 4 (2)
Stan Bowles looks the most unfortunate as he scored 2 goals in those 4 appearances.

P.S. - Just checked the new rule, you have to be involved in 5 games so Stan Horne and Bobby Kennedy get in because they were used as substitutes. Poor Stan Bowles it just doesn't seem fair!
Didnt Stan Bowles spend quite alot of time looking for his wife in those days?
That's how I remember it !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.