Title Medals from 1968 awarded on Saturday

Just to put some meat on the bones as well as Horne & Bobby Kennedy the families of Paul Hince & Harry Dowd will be there to accept medals too.
For a second there I thought that Paul Hince had passed away and I had missed it, a quick Google search told me otherwise. Seems strange he is not going to be there to collect in person? Is he ok or is it a hangover from his clash with Alan Ball?

It’s a fantastic gesture by City and it was very moving watching the four of them receiving the medals. It brought more than a tear or two to my eyes.

There’s a story concerning Bobby Kennedy. The club was on tour at the time that the US politician of the same name was assassinated.

Sir Joe told then-chairman, Albert Alexander, that Bobby Kennedy had been shot.

"What was he doing out at that time?" was Albert's response.

Stan Horne is still looking very well, and Harry Dowd's son looks a lot taller than his dad.

Last edited:
It’s a fantastic gesture by City and it was very moving watching the four of them receiving the medals. It brought more than a tear or two to my eyes.

There’s a story concerning Bobby Kennedy. The club was on tour at the time that the US politician of the same name was assassinated.

Sir Joe told then-chairman, Albert Alexander, that Bobby Kennedy had been shot.

"What was he doing out at that time?" was Albert's Stan Horne is still looking very well, and Harry Dowd's son looks a lot taller than his dad.
Well said pal. I meant to post something similar but it slipped my mind.
Also agree with you about Stan Horne,he looks great and spoke very lucidly to the crowd.
It all took me back to when I was an 11 year old schoolboy when that City team won the league.
My Dad was a milkman from 1961-1991 and his round was on Higher Crumpsall.(I used to help him at weekends and school holidays).
One of the little streets on the round was Stanhorne Avenue,and that is one of the reasons that his name sticks in my mind so vividly.

Bobby Kennedy is scottish right? Guess this means the 67-68 City team no longer is the last team to win the league with an all english side.
I dont think it was was it? Kennedy still played regardless of whether he got a medal or not (til now)

Thought that fact was the fa cup win in 69? Last all english fa cup winners

Well said pal. I meant to post something similar but it slipped my mind.
Also agree with you about Stan Horne,he looks great and spoke very lucidly to the crowd.
It all took me back to when I was an 11 year old schoolboy when that City team won the league.
My Dad was a milkman from 1961-1991 and his round was on Higher Crumpsall.(I used to help him at weekends and school holidays).
One of the little streets on the round was Stanhorne Avenue,and that is one of the reasons that his name sticks in my mind so vividly.
In his autobiography, Buzzer said that he and Stan were great mates, and you could see that yesterday, when Michael presented Stan with his medal.

My Dad was a milkman too, sort of; he was a dairy farmer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.