10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're smart at ignoring facts just so you can complain about the lad. You probably aren't that impressed with Pep so far as our team doesn't have players to score 30 goals a season which seems to be what you want to see , apparently. Our team has players that work their asses off to press, keep possession and create chances while we score with a lot of our players , that is why our goal tally is high.
I also expect Grealish to score more bur he has been doing ok so far overall , he only played 7 games and he faced Chelsea, Tottenham , Liverpool and Arsenal in thoes games, a bit harsh to already start complaining about how many goals he's scored.
Are you his Mum?

I haven’t said ANYTHING bad, harsh or “hater” about him. I’ve merely made observations made by many, many others.

You should tone down your fanboy attacks.

He’s not schooling you, he’s providing facts on his performances, why we bought him and why he is playing consistently despite some viewing him as not playing well.

Managers and their top analysts aren’t bothered about assists, it’s a flawed stat that’s only of real use in Fantasy Premier League.

It’s a metric idiots use to discredit David Silva because his assists tally wasn’t as high as say Mesut Ozil but Silva never got those stats as he was creating the chances for other players to assist when all they did was pass it 10 yards sideways unopposed for someone to tap in.

Grealish is the same, he won’t be getting as many goals or assists as what you expect him to as he will be creating the assister and that is what he should be judged on and the numbers in this area (chances created, key passes) show he’s doing that better than anyone in the league at this moment in time which is why he’s in the team week in week out.

“…. which is why he’s in the team week in week out.”

Haha!

He’s here to be productive. Clearly, your idea of productivity is different from mine. Good luck with your meaningless stats.

There’s ONE stat in football: WINS

When he does things to influence THAT STAT, he will be lorded over as a bargain. I haven’t seen that much contribution in that department. Maybe your stats say something different, but I’m going to trust my eyes, thank you.

My eyes are saying Bernardo is currently a £150M player on the Grealish scale at the moment! :-)

How could one watch Sterling and Mahrez and think we didn't need Grealish?

We are miles better with Grealish and Jesus. If we could replay the CL final with Grealish and Jesus instead of Sterling and Mahrez the performance (and probably the result) would be much better.
Must have imagined mahrez scoring key goals to even get us into a final. Mahrez was arguably our best attacking player last season and now suddenly if we dropped him for an out of form Jesus we would have won the big one last season. Absolute shite many even wanted Jesus sold in the summer as he was so ineffective last season.

We are not miles better with grealish and Jesus at all. For starters foden is our best winger and Jesus is currently in great form and keeping mahrez out the side. By starting grealish you either have to play him lw (where foden plays at his best and is levels about grealish) or as a false 9 (where against Liverpool he was pretty anonymous) because he is no where near Bernardo or kdb levels in cm.

Grealish is a good player but to suggest he would have made a difference in a cl final I find laughable at this stage. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he will even score more than 15 goals a season which imo for a player worth £100 million is ridiculous. Once we sign a striker I genuinely have no idea where grealish gets into the first team.

Jesus Bernardo kdb foden
Haaland

Of course he will continue to play games as pep rotates and we play a lot of games. Some are so desperate to prove they where right or have fully bought into the grealish hype they are forgetting just how good we where last season. Said it before the season started and will say it again, grealish needs to effect games more with goals and assists to become a world class player.

Some are so desperate to prove they where right or have fully bought into the grealish hype they are forgetting just how good we where last season.

The team that played Chelsea and Liverpool recently is better than any starting XI from last season. Our performances at Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool were better than last season. We were lucky to win in Paris last season and Alisson gifted us goals at the empty Anfield. We were nothing special when we beat PSG at home either.

The ceiling of the team with Grealish and Jesus is higher than with Sterling and Mahrez. We have better control of games with those 2, for Grealish doesn't lose the ball like Sterling and Jesus offers much more intensity in both phases compared to Mahrez.

The team that played Chelsea and Liverpool recently is better than any starting XI from last season. Our performances at Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool were better than last season. We were lucky to win in Paris last season and Alisson gifted us goals at the empty Anfield. We were nothing special when we beat PSG at home either.

The ceiling of the team with Grealish and Jesus is higher than with Sterling and Mahrez. We have better control of games with those 2, for Grealish doesn't lose the ball like Sterling and Jesus offers much more intensity in both phases compared to Mahrez.
I’m sorry mate but your rewriting history there regarding those games against psg and Liverpool to fit an argument for Grealish.

“…. which is why he’s in the team week in week out.”

Haha!

He’s here to be productive. Clearly, your idea of productivity is different from mine. Good luck with your meaningless stats.

There’s ONE stat in football: WINS

When he does things to influence THAT STAT, he will be lorded over as a bargain. I haven’t seen that much contribution in that department. Maybe your stats say something different, but I’m going to trust my eyes, thank you.

My eyes are saying Bernardo is currently a £150M player on the Grealish scale at the moment! :-)

And that's why you will be unqualified to be Manchester City team analyst.

I’m sorry mate but your rewriting history there regarding those games against psg and Liverpool to fit an argument for Grealish.

Two lucky goals in Paris after PSG could have been 2 up in the 1st half. That's the truth. See the interviews after the game. Pep and the players admitted we weren't good in that 1st half. Second half was great, though. As regards our win at Anfield, didn't Alisson have a mare that day? We were very good that day, but I think we were even better last week.

We are a better team with Grealish and Jesus. Potential problem is that we could rotate last season without struggling as much as this season. We were missing some players vs Spurs, Southampton and Burnley and were poor/average. Hopefully the squad players will start to perform better, we'll need them. Once Kevin and the squad players improve, we'll be better than last season, imo, provided that we avoid serious injuries.

Last edited:
Are you his Mum?

I haven’t said ANYTHING bad, harsh or “hater” about him. I’ve merely made observations made by many, many others.

You should tone down your fanboy attacks.
So if I didn't agree with you and showed you arguments to why you're wrong means that i'm a 'fanboy' and attacking you ?
What a snowflake you are. If you can't handle a debate don't get into one, it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.