Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Ha yeah all the current fans (&some ex players/pundits) saying he is what we miss as a Plan B.
our biggest mistake when we sold him was replacing him with the joker Bony.
We have only won the league 3 times without him, got to a CL Semi & Final and won numerous cups.
He had 1 really good season 13/14 and did well in the 11/12 win. Otherwise in the other 2 seasons either side of the titles he was so frustrating and was easily owned by centre halves.

I am so underwhelmed with Grealish
Flatters to deceive

To be honest, I don't think he has even flattered up to now. I think fans are seeing things that aren't there, basing opinions on media hype.

Still living on his big fish/little pond reputation at Villa. The £100m price tag is a burden for him at the moment.

He's got bags of talent, just has to settle into the system. He'll come good, but don't expect him to live up to the fee... He was never worth what we paid.

Jack Grealish.
Thought he was the Emporer's New Clothes when at Villa and not seen much to change my mind yet.
Not saying he isn't a good player.... just haven't seen anything to justify the hype.

Very happy for him to prove me wrong.

I am so underwhelmed with Grealish
Flatters to deceive

I like Grealish as a person. Seems a real nice and friendly young man. But never saw what is special about him as a player going back to his days at Aston Villa. Average or slightly above average at the best. Nothing more than that. Sane was 20 times better than Grealish. I also believe we bought him, at least in part, to attract young English fans. I literally laugh loudly when someone on here keeps insisting and repeating that Grealish is “world class.” Perhaps world class in turning around aimlessly with the ball :))) I still hope he turns things around and transforms into superstar.

Think the Kinkladze comparisons are harsh.
He was in some of the shittest City teams history will recall.
Would have loved to have seen him being developed in a half decent or top team by a top manager (not Alan Ball or Frank Clark)
The guy had huge ability and probably signing for a very poor team with a poor manager really fucked up what could have been an exciting career

Kinky, wasn't as good as made out, even then I considered him a luxury buy from Lee to look like he meant busines, in the end he just had more quick feet skills than the players we had and didn't effect as many games as rembered so romantically.

Think the Kinkladze comparisons are harsh.
He was in some of the shittest City teams history will recall.
Would have loved to have seen him being developed in a half decent or top team by a top manager (not Alan Ball or Frank Clark)
The guy had huge ability and probably signing for a very poor team with a poor manager really fucked up what could have been an exciting career
Zero work rate. If Pep inherited him, he’d be out the door within the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.