Crystal Palace (H) - Post-Match Thread

Poor performance to say the least, the only thing worse than us on the pitch was the ref, although he did get the sending off correct!

Uncharacteristic errors, misplace passes, KDB a passenger who's magic has disappeared, Laporte and Cancello constantly caught out of position, toothless up front. Add on a shocking but expected display from Marriner and his officials and we get that result.

Not what I was expecting, but you can hardly say this performance from the team was shocking. We once again, like almost every f*cking game, are not able to create enough high quality chances unless we already are in the lead and the opponents have to attack. We either score zero or five. Our team is lacking some grit and determination right now. If the other team score first the feeling is that the game is basically over.

A few seasons ago Pep made us have maybe the best attack in the world. Now we just pass it around, no one steps up when its needed. 3 shots on goal in a home game against Palace when we are losing from the very start? We should have 10 shots minimum, preferably a few more than that if we are making a serious attempt to win the game.

Also Laporte: Gives away a goal when we are in possession, and tops it with being sent off before HT. Feels like calling it a bad day at the office doesnt really cover it, he is the reason we lost this game. Hopefully a blessing in disguise since Stones will take his place from now on.

Kev should be given an ultimatum on his playing for Belgium as long as that moron Martinez is in charge.
The player wanted to play, don't blame anyone but him.

KDB need to get fit and healthy before he plays again and that could take a long time.

I think I‘m on my own on this one, but how about we buy a striker in January? You know, somebody who could get on the end of our 200 crosses each game? Nah, sorry, stupid idea. My apologies. Let’s buy another small creative midfielder instead… that’ll fix it.

Any striker will still struggle to score when team have 9 players in the penalty area they cut off all shots blocks the lot!

I freeze framed the game when Grealish had the ball in there penalty area they had 3 on him blocking all angles then the other 6 were blocking all other angles! Teams set up that way against us all the time!

I have no idea who pep will play v Utd. Sterling, Mahrez & sadly Kev should not be starting. Que pep starting all 3 of them.

I agree we play too many games to skip the “we need a CF” issue.

We chased Laporte’s howler. And the sending off despite debatable, started with a piece of poor defending.

Up front Grealish disappointed again. If that was Sterling he would’ve been ….

Anyways. One of those days. And pity the equaliser was a toe offside. That could’ve changed the game. We move on.

Our home form is a big concern, the false nine just doesn't seem to work for some reason. As soon as Palace scored their first I knew we wouldn't come back, then the Laporte sending off was game over. De Bruyne needs a long rest, something clearly not right with him, Foden needs to play in the correct position false nine was just another piss take by Pep, square pegs in round holes.
Hope these last two matches are just a blip because they've been concerning performances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.