The HALLOWEENATHON - What HORROR movie(s) are you watching?

I had a right laugh watching the Exorcist. Comedy gold.

I haven't seen this film since my younger years and I suspect much of the 'fear' was the mystery around it...before I disregarded stuff like that and the internet put many myths to bed (although tbf, it's probably created ten times the amount now).

Watched a bit last night and thought it had the amazing 70's cinema feel to it (you can also see where John Carpenter pinched some of the scenes in Halloween from....the prosaic early evening Halloween streets married with a piano motif and sound design).

Was it the more the 'demon/possessed' scenes which looked a little off?

I am currently 55 minutes into the Blair Witch Project (which I’ve never seen before) and so far it’s the most annoying film I’ve ever watched in my life. 55 minutes of three very annoying people, they’re so annoying I’m looking forward to something bad happening to them!

Come On You Witches!

I am currently 55 minutes into the Blair Witch Project (which I’ve never seen before) and so far it’s the most annoying film I’ve ever watched in my life. 55 minutes of three very annoying people, they’re so annoying I’m looking forward to something bad happening to them!

Come On You Witches!
The scary bit is all the snot, mate.
*Spoiler* alert:
There's more snot.

Come On You Witches!
Don't get your hopes up mate.

What’s the best horror films in the last 10
Years ?

ive genuinely always found them to be shit.
Not much left to say in horror films these days, they have all been done to death. Unless someone comes up with an original idea like Get Out, but even that was more of a thriller than a horror. It Follows was great though, a neat idea and scary, but even that film ran out of steam in the final third.

Not much left to say in horror films these days, they have all been done to death. Unless someone comes up with an original idea like Get Out, but even that was more of a thriller than a horror. It Follows was great though, a neat idea and scary, but even that film ran out of steam in the final third.
Inclined to agree here.

As less an less people believe in ghosts, or as one goes through their own hellish life stories, horror films can be a bit 'meh'.
I think the older one are revered (such as John Carpenter) because they were just well made, low budget gems irrespective of the content or with added nostalgia.

Agree It Follows was cool mind.

In saying that, the Japanese horrors from a few years ago (Ring and Dark Water etc) were very much under the skin creepy.

I haven't seen this film since my younger years and I suspect much of the 'fear' was the mystery around it...before I disregarded stuff like that and the internet put many myths to bed (although tbf, it's probably created ten times the amount now).

Watched a bit last night and thought it had the amazing 70's cinema feel to it (you can also see where John Carpenter pinched some of the scenes in Halloween from....the prosaic early evening Halloween streets married with a piano motif and sound design).

Was it the more the 'demon/possessed' scenes which looked a little off?
I just find it funny in that people actually believe this shit happens. And that only Latin can solve it. Must have been awful.for exorcists before the Romans went for Latin. Utter crap. I agree that tje film is shot well etc, its just funny because people think its true. She can levitate, turn her yead around, but leather straps and the baws burst.

I just find it funny in that people actually believe this shit happens. And that only Latin can solve it. Must have been awful.for exorcists before the Romans went for Latin. Utter crap. I agree that tje film is shot well etc, its just funny because people think its true. She can levitate, turn her yead around, but leather straps and the baws burst.
Haha....yeah, agree with that.

Haha....yeah, agree with that.
Another thing is why do these things only come out at night? Or show up only in old castles or old buildings? Or, how they can throw stuff around but never seem.to kill any ghost hunter. But the biggest thing is, if a priest is going toe to toe with one of the cunts, why doesnt god dispense with the Latin pish and just zap their demonic arses back to hell?

Father Carras shouldnt have had to take a heeder out the window to spend eternity getting burned alive, because he helped out a stupid lassie playing with a Ouija board. And the other **** croaking mid latin monologue. The worlds gone mad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.