The HALLOWEENATHON - What HORROR movie(s) are you watching?

What’s the best horror films in the last 10
Years ?

ive genuinely always found them to be shit.
For me personally I think there has been some cracking horrors in the last ten years.
insiderous and the conjuring 2 very good ones.
Hell house LLC and grave encounters have some serious jump moments.
The borderlands again has some serious jump moments.
Devil was another one which sticks out for me, super suspense and a twist to blow you away.
A quiet place and cropsey another 2 that won’t disappoint.

Went to see Last Night in Soho at the cinema over the weekend.

Not one of Edgar Wright's best but definitely a fun watch.

On tonight, Channel 4 HD @ 00:25

8crDScL.jpg

Happy Death Day (2017)

A college student dies at the hand of a masked killer, only to wake up reliving the same day over and over until she figures out who murdered her.

An American black comedy/slasher film starring Jessica Rothe as the unfortunate victim.

On tonight, Channel 4 HD @ 00:25

8crDScL.jpg

Happy Death Day (2017)

A college student dies at the hand of a masked killer, only to wake up reliving the same day over and over until she figures out who murdered her.

An American black comedy/slasher film starring Jessica Rothe as the unfortunate victim.
It's on a bit late that.
I took my niece to see it when it came out, bloody hell, 4 years ago? That doesn't seem right. She was 13 then, then, and it's a 15 rated film. We went over it in the car on the way they there, to the odeon
'If you're asked your age just say your normal birthday, but say 2001'
I didn't think she'd actually get asked, but bloody hell, she did get asked. She stuttered and stammered and fucked it all up, I thought she'd give the game away but she eventually got her words out and luckily we got to watch it.
Good film

On tonight, TCM @ 22:55

VzXWu87.jpg

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

The monstrous spirit of a slain child murderer seeks revenge from the parents responsible for his untimely death by invading the dreams of their teenagers.

An American supernatural slasher film, written and directed by Wes Craven.

On tonight, TCM @ 22:55

VzXWu87.jpg

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

The monstrous spirit of a slain child murderer seeks revenge from the parents responsible for his untimely death by invading the dreams of their teenagers.

An American supernatural slasher film, written and directed by Wes Craven.
I still think this is a great film despite some fairly average follow ons

All his early films looked very similar.
Awesome production team: Dean Cundey photography and John Carpenter's own out there music.
Something special about all his early horror flicks - the Thing is incredible too (though Morricone did some of the soundtrack on that).
The Thing is one of my all time favourite films. It’s a true classic and me and a couple of mates are always randomly quoting lines from it. Yet back when it was released it got a fair old panning and flopped at the box office. These days it widely gets the credit it deserves.

Halloween III: Season Of The Witch also got slated hugely at the time but unlike The Thing a lot of the negativity has stuck, although some people at least are coming round to it not being too bad. Personally, I think the negativity is largely unwarranted, and a lot of the criticism stems from the fact that it simply hasn’t got Michael Myers in it. It’s still a decent film in it’s own right IMO, and has a storyline that is proper sinister even by Carpenter’s standards: “don’t forget the big giveaway at 9, and don’t forget to wear your masks”. And then of course there is THAT jingle which is both annoying and infectious!

Watched the Wrong Turn remake/boot/imagining or whatever tonight. Dissapointed when I realised it was not what I was expecting, but on the other hand it turned out to be refreshingly different, and was quite fun 7/10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.