Manchester United (A) - Sat 6 Nov 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats taken out of context. We had a lot of problems in 19/20 anyway. Let's look at 20/21.

Leicester (2:5) - we had many, many injuries.

Porto (0:0) - played with many squad players.

Chelsea FA Cup and PL - played with many sqùad players (at the time), could/should have scored more in the league game, though, Kun missed a pen at 1:0, and the referee didn't give us a clear pen at 1:1.

Brighton - we played with a man less for 80 minutes!

Chelsea CL final - that wasn't a good performance indeed. But we had one of our best performances under Pep precisely vs Chelsea in September. We had chances before Jesus's goal, and chances after that. Doesn't suit your narrative, though, so you redescribe the game to put down the performance.

In short, your worries are exaggerated.

I expanded this in further comments but it's not a fluke, it's not out of context and it spans the past 3 seasons.

Hang on; wasn’t there a mega thread on here of posters crowing about what a waste of money he was, and how we were so lucky to avoid him, and how he wouldn’t have improved our team at all;
#overmydeadbody etc etc yawn.
You are dead right.

I initially didn't want him, then as it looked like we might sign him, I was very keen, as soon as he went to Utd I was laughing and when I saw him play at first I was convinced he would be rubbish and disrupt them and now I am convinced that he's mustard.

Fortunately for someone my scouting career never materialised. I suspect I am not alone in this. Football fans; we are a funny old bunch.

p.s. I really hope we turn up on Saturday and get all three points.

Just switched on Sky Sports and their reporter outside the United training ground has spent ten minutes explaining how Solksaer should set up to beat City and saying what a wonderful record he has against Guardiola, having only conceded one goal in umpteen appearances. Then back to the studio with not a single reference to City other than their apparently poor recent form. Typical Sky bias.

Just switched on Sky Sports and their reporter outside the United training ground has spent ten minutes explaining how Solksaer should set up to beat City and saying what a wonderful record he has against Guardiola, having only conceded one goal in umpteen appearances. Then back to the studio with not a single reference to City other than their apparently poor recent form. Typical Sky bias.

top left on the remote is usually an off button

I expanded this in further comments but it's not a fluke, it's not out of context and it spans the past 3 seasons.

We didn't have Dias in 19/20, Laporte was out injured, Stones was in terrible form, Cancelo and Rodri were new to the league, etc. Imo, last and this season should count. This season, two of our very best performances were vs teams playing with 3 CBs: Chelsea and Brighton. Time will tell. Personally, I'm not worried yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.