Minutes Appluase Yesterday.

Sort of agree, but for as long as I remember there has always been one on the 11th and one on the remembrance Sunday. Doing them because teams are at home a week or two before is a relatively. new thing and a bit unneccesary.
In Belgium and France, the 11th is still a national day of commemoration, and I’ve always thought that it should be in the U.K., too.

This idea that every club has to have its own remembrance commemoration means that we’re seeing them in October and it’s entirely unnecessary.

They applauded because they can't trust their scummy fans to keep quiet for a minute before the game but they can manage it perfectly for the 90 minutes after the first whistle goes. We were totally compliant with their Munich respects although the media tried to say we wouldn't

Yes, agree that applause is not appropriate for remembrance day. It is appropriate for someone who has passed away at the end of a long life but most of those who were killed or died of wounds were very young indeed and we are remembering young lives cut awfully short. I can't find anything to applaud there.
The silence is for people to show respect and reflect on the sacrifice of the brave people who gave their life so unselfishly for us all and applause is unfitting

There was applause just before the Last Post and then the ref signalled for silence and that was observed.

Sorry, but I disagree There was no silence in EL3 and in most parts of the Etihad last Saturday. Only applause all the way through. In fact my son turned to me and asked "what happened to the minute's silence then ?" Its the first time we've not had an absolute 1 min silence for The Fallen at our ground. Really sad, IMHO. Unfortunately it's yet another sign of the way this world of ours is going.

We were silent when the Last Post started playing, those dopey twats carried on clapping. Mind you they were pretty silent once the game started

Perhaps there was some confusion because there was also a memorial for Walter Smith, and that's usually a minute's applause. But yeah, it was odd.

Virtue signalling gone mad.

If you stand there respectfully and honourably maintaining silence in a dignified way, nobody notices you. If you clap and cheer and shout everyone can see that you are a virtuous person

This phenomenon reached its peak with the absurd hordes, pots and pans in hand, banging and braying their support for the underperforming NHS. Just be thankful that kitchen utensils aren’t allowed into football stadia.

In Belgium and France, the 11th is still a national day of commemoration, and I’ve always thought that it should be in the U.K., too.

This idea that every club has to have its own remembrance commemoration means that we’re seeing them in October and it’s entirely unnecessary.

Totally agree with this. Here in Canada apart from 3 provinces it’s a statutory holiday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.