Minutes Appluase Yesterday.

Virtue signalling gone mad.

If you stand there respectfully and honourably maintaining silence in a dignified way, nobody notices you. If you clap and cheer and shout everyone can see that you are a virtuous person

This phenomenon reached its peak with the absurd hordes, pots and pans in hand, banging and braying their support for the underperforming NHS. Just be thankful that kitchen utensils aren’t allowed into football stadia.
Oh fucking hell, here he is again, The Male Online himself, infecting every thread no matter how irrelevant and turning it into a gammon tirade against the public sector.

2AC54CE9-83DE-4138-B65E-622F9FA3C6CE.jpeg

Red in peace here (Season Ticket Stretford End)

We were well and truly outclassed yesterday you should have had 5 or 6. Anyway I just wanted to say respect to the lads with the Lee Rigby Flag how good is that considering Lee was a red as well

Total REspect from me to the City lads for that

Do you know them it was next to a Flag with Hyde blues on it ?

That is partly an issue with the next 2 weeks being an international break, had that been any other weekend, the tributes would have been this a next weekend, either side of the 11th.
This is not the first time that an international weekend has fallen close to the 11th, however, and even if there had been no international break, I don't think there would have been any commemoration after the 11th, this coming Thursday. That means with the current set up there would still have been commemorations in grounds on the 29th/30th/31st of October. For me, it's a national commemoration that should transcend locality, so this need for it to be marked at each individual ground each year seems a peculiarly modern adaptation. I've yet to read a compelling case for why that should be.

This is not the first time that an international weekend has fallen close to the 11th, however, and even if there had been no international break, I don't think there would have been any commemoration after the 11th, this coming Thursday. That means with the current set up there would still have been commemorations in grounds on the 29th/30th/31st of October. For me, it's a national commemoration that should transcend locality, so this need for it to be marked at each individual ground each year seems a peculiarly modern adaptation. I've yet to read a compelling case for why that should be.
It's gone on as long as I remember to be honest, when playing Sunday mornings refs use to blow whistle at 11am for a minutes silence don't know whether they still do that like. I can't see a lot wrong with observing a minutes silence in a football ground.

It's gone on as long as I remember to be honest, when playing Sunday mornings refs use to blow whistle at 11am for a minutes silence don't know whether they still do that like. I can't see a lot wrong with observing a minutes silence in a football ground.
I’m all for observing a minute’s silence. I just think it should only be done at grounds in the weekend closest to the 11th.

I'm not 100% sure but were we the only game that had an applause? I had all the saturday 3pm ko games on in the bars I have an interest in and dont recall anything but silence.
Gotta be honest, not a fan of the clapping for something like this. Some things deserve a moment of quiet reflection.

My lad's junior football team - last year all matches that weekend had the ref blow and a minute's silence before the games kicked off. If 12 yr olds can do it, so should adults.

Sorry, but I disagree There was no silence in EL3 and in most parts of the Etihad last Saturday. Only applause all the way through. In fact my son turned to me and asked "what happened to the minute's silence then ?" Its the first time we've not had an absolute 1 min silence for The Fallen at our ground. Really sad, IMHO. Unfortunately it's yet another sign of the way this world of ours is going.

Not the case where I was in EL3. Applause started when the managers laid the wreaths and stopped within 10-15 seconds of the bugler and was respected until the very last note.

Reactions: Vic
Is this really a problem? I can get the perspective that applauses here are maybe a bit tacky, but nobody's doing it from a bad place.

Yeah I see how an applause isn't quite solemn, but I think in this era of modernity if people can stop for a minute to acknowledge the tributes and service of those who suffered for our lives then it's more than adequate if it's an applause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.