United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said on here a few times. His poverty as a child is massively overplayed. I didn't know him when he was young but knew his older sister and never once did it strike me that she was from a particularly poor background.

He didn't come from poverty.
This is a carefully managed PR story line.
He was asked if he had ever missed meals or gone without food. He replied he had and the narrative went along the lines of how hard he had it.
The truth was that he indeed missed meals due to either being out with his mates or playing football!
His mum was a hard working women who provided for them well.

She was the one doing all the charity work and asked him if he would lend his name to the campaign.

It worked and his name is now all over it. He himself personally had no idea what was all going on at first.
He is/was very much just a puppet.
United have since jumped all over it.

At the end of the day, if it improves the lives for the people who really need it, then great stuff.

He didn't come from poverty.
This is a carefully managed PR story line.
He was asked if he had ever missed meals or gone without food. He replied he had and the narrative went along the lines of how hard he had it.
The truth was that he indeed missed meals due to either being out with his mates or playing football!
His mum was a hard working women who provided for them well.

She was the one doing all the charity work and asked him if he would lend his name to the campaign.

It worked and his name is now all over it. He himself personally had no idea what was all going on at first.
He is/was very much just a puppet.
United have since jumped all over it.

At the end of the day, if it improves the lives for the people who really need it, then great stuff.
I can imagine that his mum will be miffed at the suggestion that her children went hungry.

Last edited:
What a hilarious compilation this is.....
Mr Flying Pig looks like his head is going to explode on the 2nd goal and there is a cockney woman presenting her channel who is actually wearing a sky blue top!
Pure comedy and not a Manc in sight. The first one has an Asian rag poorly attempting the nick nack paddy whack nursery rhyme

Oh my God. What a weird fan base. We should charge each and everyone if these wankers for using our badge.

By 'tracked' do they mean 'got some intern to go through the database of registered top flight footballers in from around the world and cut & paste all the ones listed as Right Back's into a new tab on an Excel spreadsheet'?

You would think their PR team would come up with a more believable number if they are going to lie about it.
They've got form for spreading bullshit numbers.
They must have used the same intern that counted each one of their fans worldwide and came up with 659 million.

They've got form for spreading bullshit numbers.
They must have used the same intern that counted each one of their fans worldwide and came up with 659 million.

They did a small sample of questions to the general public.
The question wasn't "do you support United".
It was have you ever heard of Manchester or Manchester United.

They then extrapolated those who said yes, to come to the 600+ million figure.
The initial report said there was 600+ million people who were aware of United. This was to project that there was 600+ million potential customers.
A bit of PR spin then turned into the 600m+ customer advertising potential of United.

It didn't take long for the press to run with the 600m+ "United fans". The rags were very happy to let this continue.

City should run a similar poll. "Have you heard of the chip shortages at the Etihad". Good for at least 800m+

Last edited:
Nah. Kompany and what he did was pure class. You are aware yes? Not all charitable footballers play for utd and get the headlines.

I have no issue with rashford but he's famous because he plays for utd. Well done him. If he'd done the same whilst playing for Watford none of us would know about it.
Incorrect but it’s sad we live in a world where even if that may be true; which it isn’t, you’re more arsed about that than kids getting fed. Weird lot some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.