Roger Daltrey: Rolling Stones a Mediocre Pub Band

He wasn’t in the Stones as far as I’m concerned although I would take his shenanigans over Townsends browsing history.
Lol, you've got to chuckle at this place, from who's the best rock band to which one's the biggest paedo.
Mind you, while we're now on it, I think I'd go for the one who just looked at 13 year olds, rather than actually shagging them, but the nonce-ometer may prove me wrong.
Won't get fooled again ;)

Pretty laughable statement.

You would be hard pressed to find a band who had a better run of albums than Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St.
I think it's tongue in cheek, but McCartney recently said something similar, that the Stones were 'Just a Blues cover band.' This is certainly true of their early career, but for me, there's nowt wrong with that, for bands to bring the superb
talents of the likes of Howlin' Wolf to England, repackage it,
then sell the finished article back to Americans who'd heard very little of their own culture, and be massively successful, is brilliant.
For me, The Stones and the Who are on par, I love both of them, not now, playing and singing Rock music at 146 looking like Albert Steptoe doesn't do it, but to each their own.

While Rog has done some decent work recently with Wilko...really The Who peaked a long long time ago...some great singles though....anyone doubting the Stones chops as blues players ( which they have never denied) should get on the 2016 album 'Blue & Lonesome which is a covers masterpiece.

Lol, you've got to chuckle at this place, from who's the best rock band to which one's the biggest paedo.
Mind you, while we're now on it, I think I'd go for the one who just looked at 13 year olds, rather than actually shagging them, but the nonce-ometer may prove me wrong.
Won't get fooled again ;)
My mistake was forgetting bungalow Bill was in the stones.

Daltrey is and always has been a king sized knob as his political 'thoughts' prove beyond doubt. Having seen both bands in the last 5 years I am pretty certain that the Rolling Stones piss all over The Who as a live performance. Daltrey in particular voice has gone and is a cumbersome relic behind the mike that he still insists on throwing in the air and dropping regularly.
Jagger and Richards on the other hand....

As far as legacy go, the Who made some good records but honestly I think the Stones shade that too.
Other than your last sentence which from an intellectual point of view is probably right but from a personal point of view isn’t, I largely agree. I saw the first post-Moon Who tour as well as the Stones at roughly the same time and the Stones were better live though I enjoy The Who’s music more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.