Roger Daltrey: Rolling Stones a Mediocre Pub Band

I meant to mention, I was impressed by your memory. not sure if I sat down to list 30 Rolling Stones songs I'd do so well and I think I've got 26 Stones albums on CD (incl. live and compilations and two copies of Goat's Head Soup). Maybe I'll have a go later; although this evening is currently reserved for driving up North so we don't have to make an early start for tomorrow's game.
Goat's head soup is such a crackin album for me. Never seems to get mentioned much these days.

Reactions: OB1
Baba O’Riley
Won’t Get Fooled Again
My Generation
Eminence Front
5:15
Love Reign O’er Me
Happy Jack
I Can See For Miles
Substitute
The Song Is Over
It’s Hard
Pinball Wizard
Bargain
Who Are You
Summertime Blues
See Me Feel Me / We’re Not Gonna Take It
Slip Kid
Magic Bus

So I gave me myself five minutes, no peeking, and got 18 off the top of my head. Now I’ll peek:

Another Tricky Day
Long Live Rock
Pictures of Lily
Pure and Easy
Sparks
The Seeker
I’m Free
The Real Me
The Kids Are Alright
Behind Blue Eyes
I Can’t Explain
A Quick One

That’s 30 :) I missed some pretty obvious ones. But I agree it’s clearly easier for the Stones. It’s child’s play for the Beatles.

Still enjoy The Who more :)
I had a go before seeing your post:

Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere

I Can’t Explain

Substitute

Eminence Front

Happy Jack

You Better, You Bet

Who are you?

My Wife

Magic Bus

Saturday Nite’s Alright for Fighting

I Can See For Miles

The Kids are Alright

The Seeker

Won’t Get Fooled Again

Baba O’Riley

Behind Blue Eyes

Going Mobile

Squeeze Box

Pinball Wizard

Uncle Ernie

Cousin Kevin

The Real Me

Listening to you

Acid Queen

Overture

Join Together

We’re not Gonna Take it

Boris the Spider

Bell Boy

Summertime Blues

Shakin’ All Over

Love Reign O’er Me

Slip Kid

I had a go before seeing your post:

Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere

I Can’t Explain

Substitute

Eminence Front

Happy Jack

You Better, You Bet

Who are you?

My Wife

Magic Bus

Saturday Nite’s Alright for Fighting

I Can See For Miles

The Kids are Alright

The Seeker

Won’t Get Fooled Again

Baba O’Riley

Behind Blue Eyes

Going Mobile

Squeeze Box

Pinball Wizard

Uncle Ernie

Cousin Kevin

The Real Me

Listening to you

Acid Queen

Overture

Join Together

We’re not Gonna Take it

Boris the Spider

Bell Boy

Summertime Blues

Shakin’ All Over

Love Reign O’er Me

Slip Kid
LOL I missed so many. Join Together and Squeeze Box, can’t believe I missed those.

Is it out today? Must look for it on Amazon. I saw them in Paris. Bloody brilliant concert. Afraid I wont be looking for DP. Fireball and Smoke on the water was about as far as I went with them. My loss I'm sure.
Plant album came out a week ago. Going to see them next summer supporting The Eagles.

Purple album is covers album - a lockdown project. Lightweight but fun: great musicians enjoying themselves.

You like the Stones more than the Beatles, what does that have to do with this thread ?
And who cares anyway.
The Beatles were already being discussed in this thread and being lauded over The Rolling Stones. Those who have read the thread, would have got the context of my post. It was other people interjecting the Beatles into the conversation, as is often the case. It's as if it's weirdly compulsory to some. That's why I said I don't get the fascination with them.

I was merely saying it's all personal preference, people are allowed to rate the Rolling Stones above the Beatles. Many people do, whether some can handle that fact or not. I gave examples of why perhaps some of the credit they(the Beatles) get is overblown and how even they have their critics. They all do, some seem oblivious to that. I also gave my own brief opinion on the Beatles, as well as the Stones, since this is a forum to share opinions on.

I probably should have said I do recognise their significance and respect their work but I really didn't think it was necessary at the time. I wasn't bashing them, I was just saying I don't find myself listening to them. How can I not rate the band I find myself going back to most, the highest? People who name drop bands they barely listen to, to appear cool/cultured/credible are another mystery to me but that's another story.

If you don't care, why bother replying and who rattled your cage anyway?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.