A ‘new’ City?

Wait until we have three or four local, world class youngsters in the starting eleven that cost us absolutely nothing.

That's when they will have nowhere else to go, especially as they will be English.

Not one mention on Sunday that we had five English players in our starting line up.

Remember that old stick to beat us with...

They'll never give us the credit. Look at Chelsea.

Reece James, Mason Mount, Trevor Chalobah, Christensen, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi.

6 academy players all regularly starting, scoring, leading the premier league. The biggest influx of academy talent into 1 side since the class of 92.

I'm watching them beating Juventus 3-0. All 3 goalscorers from Cobham. Beat Norwich 7-0 the other week and 6 goals came from the academy. They won the Champions League last season!

They're getting less attention than United do when they put a random kid on the bench for the first time.

No point looking for external validation. Our fans are all that matters.

Last edited:
I think the point is that comments such as this are not made by "neutrals" at all. They are made by fans of other teams for whom, I should imagine, the experience of playing us is, indeed, "joyless"

My experience is that true football-lovers wallow in the glorious football we play.
I think you’re right. However, I remember some Barca games with their all conquering teams were considered ‘boring’ by some, which I understood. This certainly wasn’t Barca’s fault though, it was the oppositions fault for not having a go. I didn’t agree as they turned football in an art form that was beautiful to watch

I think we will suffer from the same thought process from certain quarters that some of out games are ‘boring’, which is solely down to opposing teams setting up to not get a spanking. For me, we’re now at that level Barca formally were & I find it beautiful to watch the intelligence of our play

Had a row with a couple of rags leaving work today.
Here he is etc blue nose this/that. Kept harping on about division two etc and when it all goes wrong etc
Literally clutching at more straws than a scarecrow having a wank.

Explained re the infrastructure, academy and we ain’t going away and what ratboy said on Sunday re clones

I told them
“You know the bloke at city who sells the burgers ? “Ye?” “ He’s better than the one who sells the burgers at OT”

“You know the bloke at city who sells the programmes ?” “Ye?” “ He’s better than the one who sells the programmes at OT.”

“The bloke who sweeps the stand?” “Ye?””He’s better than the one who sweeps the stands at OT.”

Because “everything” we do is better than what you lot do. It’s run professionally with investment and planning. Not afraid to walk away from a shit deal as we won’t have the piss taken out of us!
No one has their hand in the till so fuckin get used it

Really enjoying being back in the office

Had a row with a couple of rags leaving work today.
Here he is etc blue nose this/that. Kept harping on about division two etc and when it all goes wrong etc
Literally clutching at more straws than a scarecrow having a wank.

Explained re the infrastructure, academy and we ain’t going away and what ratboy said on Sunday re clones

I told them
“You know the bloke at city who sells the burgers ? “Ye?” “ He’s better than the one who sells the burgers at OT”

“You know the bloke at city who sells the programmes ?” “Ye?” “ He’s better than the one who sells the programmes at OT.”

“The bloke who sweeps the stand?” “Ye?””He’s better than the one who sweeps the stands at OT.”

Because “everything” we do is better than what you lot do. It’s run professionally with investment and planning. Not afraid to walk away from a shit deal as we won’t have the piss taken out of us!
No one has their hand in the till so fuckin get used it

Really enjoying being back in the office
be careful that they don’t convert. That would bring them into contact with our supporter services and they would know you are telling fibs.
We may be world beating on the pitch but have a great deal to do off it before every single element is world class.

The opening para of an article I read yesterday...

"Watching manchester city as a neutral can be a relatively joyless experience.
It’s sometimes quite mechanical, often comically one-sided; a style of football to be deeply admired but rarely loved"
And everybody copies us!

All true but these days the Guardian is a fringe product with very little significance. It has a large website with a big overseas audience but it is only read by a small number of people in the UK. Some of their staff have been very hostile towards City but the Guardian is not really a credible source for content and is known to be unreliable. I am more worried by the BBC which is supposed to be impartial and still has a large UK audience for its content. Negative stories by the BBC are more damaging.
Incorrect.

The Guardian is the second most visited newspaper website in the UK by people in the UK.

In fact, in 2020 it overtook the Daily Mail for a period to be the most visited newspaper site by people in the UK.

Disagree with the editorial stance by all means if you wish, but calling it a “fringe product only read by a small number of people in the UK” is just completely incorrect I’m afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.