Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness for BT Sport. The only outlet that seems to give City any credit for beating PSG last night. For everyone else it's "PSG were shit"

Talksport, Schmalksport.

Shocked to find out today that both you and DD listen to them :)

For those who are interested, City are mentioned 6 times in the report on football governance:

As a "UCL" club in 2019/20. Can't argue with that.

As a club whose owner has turned the club into title-winners, under the title "Owner subsidies". For "subsidies' read investment which has increased shareholder value 2 or 3 times.

As an indication of how slow PL investigations are: "little progress has been made after two and a half years — during which, it may be noted, the club has twice been crowned as Premier League champions". Implication clear and unnecessary to the point. Also, there just maybe no case.

As one of the six richest clubs in England who would pay around half the "solidarity levy".

On a positive note for the use of facilities by the women's team.

As a participant in the review: Soriano.

After a brilliant win what have we learnt?
1. Pochetino may be the next rag manager.
2. Messi and Co are individuals.
3. Pochetino may be the next rag manager
4. Messi and Co are individuals but Poch could be the next rag manager.
That's from reading the telegraph, the mail,

In the early days Ferdinand said live that he wanted us to lose. He was obviously told to reign it in after people stated they were unsubscribing because of that and other biased comments but it is still there.
They used to have Ferdinand and Scholes as pundits on our games. We beat someone away, Roma maybe, and Walker’s first post match question to them was along the lines of “obviously you wanted them to lose but even you have to admit that was pretty impressive?”
Agenda was laid bare right there and then.
Don’t even get me started on McManaman and Darke when we beat Real Madrid away last season.
Penalty to City: “Nooooooo!!!!! He’s dived!!!!”

Today I'm BT Sports and Sly Sports free. I cancelled my Virgin TV package. I feel good. And in the process I've saved myself £1000 year. Now I just have to find a live stream for the away games.
Same here. I cancelled Sly last week, and BT TV/Sports yesterday. Savings at least £1500pa, which will pay for holidays (whatever they are, I can't remember).

Jack Gaughan at the Mail has written an article basically slagging off our support as being tourists last night. Apparently many were only there to see Messi, didn’t know where they were going and half and half scarves were everywhere.

Some of that may be true but when the fuck do we ever see the same written for it happening week in week out at Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc??

Jack Gaughan at the Mail has written an article basically slagging off our support as being tourists last night. Apparently many were only there to see Messi, didn’t know where they were going and half and half scarves were everywhere.

Some of that may be true but when the fuck do we ever see the same written for it happening week in week out at Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc??

Was Messi playing last night ?

Thankfully, I'm abroad and don't have to watch it, but I remember the first time I ever watched City in the Champions League on BT Sport. I made a visit back home and my old man had subscribed to BT so he could watch the CL games. Having grown up in the seventies and eighties, I grew used to the idea that coverage of British sides in Europe would be partisan and quite openly biased in favour of our clubs. This was quite the opposite.

It was partisan and biased all right, but in favour of our opponents (I can't remember now who it was). They seemed to be actively willing us to lose and didn't make any secret of that. I was astonished - I've never seen that in any match involving another British club on domestic TV.
I well remember City playing PSG at home in the last 8 of the CL in 2016 after a 2-2 draw in the first leg. Owen Hargreaves in particular spent the whole game commentating from the point of view of PSG including endlessly droning on about what PSG need to do to beat City. City won 1-0 which must have pissed him off a treat.

Brazil was brilliant this morning on talksport. Spoke about last night’s game for 5 minutes all about how bad psg were and how lazy their front 3 were. Then played a clip of Jason cundy front last night angrily talking about how bad psg were. They then changed the subject to ronaldo and how good he is! And then spoke about where they’re having their Christmas doo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.