Retired coppers rant about football fans.

Maybe I will be in a minority mate,I don't know, but I'm more than happy with that, all I'd add though, is that that "enhancement", who does that apply to other than the fans of very few teams winning stuff, I don't think many Blues thought their lives were enhanced by football in the 90's, same with teams fighting for survival now or having a shit time of it, and I've said before, as much as football has been a major part of my life, I actually felt life was better during the pandemic when there was no football.
Fair enough but the Pandemic was the nadir of life for many, especially those that suffered the ultimate loss. The first match back at City was one of the most joyous times of my life, rekindled friendships and seeing the old girl who sits behind us was great, she had been ill before COVID and to see her there with a huge smile on her face was affirmation that football is one of life’s great pleasures.

Fair enough but the Pandemic was the nadir of life for many, especially those that suffered the ultimate loss. The first match back at City was one of the most joyous times of my life, rekindled friendships and seeing the old girl who sits behind us was great, she had been ill before COVID and to see her there with a huge smile on her face was affirmation that football is one of life’s great pleasures.
I'm glad it does that for some people mate, genuinely, I've just learnt not to let football control what makes me happy or sad, oddly though, my ex brother-in-law is a scientist at 'The Francis Crick institute' , he worked on the vaccine for Covid 19, also worked in Cancer research and a couple of other things before that, pretty important I'd say, his annual salary is that of the weekly wage of a premier league footballer (£60,000 I believe) but only since he moved to London, his Cancer research employment was £38,000 per annum (in Manchester), I know people have highlighted surgeons but it's about more than just them, Scientists in general are paid a hell of a lot less than people imagine, and we'd be pretty fucked without them.

Football got me through the pandemic. I was watching old reruns of the big match everyday and when the Premier League came back on it was something to look forward to , the same with cricket.

For anyone that doesn’t want to watch, I’ll summarise..
He hates football cos he missed a day off, coronation street was cancelled and he’s a boring miserable twat.
You just know on match days he was one of them coppers that was overly aggressive for no reason and quickly escalated any situation.

I'm glad it does that for some people mate, genuinely, I've just learnt not to let football control what makes me happy or sad, oddly though, my ex brother-in-law is a scientist at 'The Francis Crick institute' , he worked on the vaccine for Covid 19, also worked in Cancer research and a couple of other things before that, pretty important I'd say, his annual salary is that of the weekly wage of a premier league footballer (£60,000 I believe) but only since he moved to London, his Cancer research employment was £38,000 per annum (in Manchester), I know people have highlighted surgeons but it's about more than just them, Scientists in general are paid a hell of a lot less than people imagine, and we'd be pretty fucked without them.
You quoted such figures that I was a little shocked. But it is understandable, the modern world is more ruled by excitement, pleasure and entertainment than by thirst for knowledge.

You quoted such figures that I was a little shocked. But it is understandable, the modern world is more ruled by excitement, pleasure and entertainment than by thirst for knowledge.
It seems so mate, although for me it's not understandable, they were actually in a BBC programme called 'Money' many years ago (can't even spell my sisters name right btw), I've just checked on there and it's actually £34,000 a year, as anyone can see in this link https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/dec/06/money-tv-review

This is the cleverest man I've ever known in my life, by far, as far as I'm concerned, we're privileged to have him, and people like him, at the cutting edge of science, trying to find answers.

4 pages and no one has mentioned and hooligans, did little willy ever mention them in his watched by 2 people video?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.