#5 | John Stones - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhhh... i thought he was telling rodri to fuck off...i couldnt understand what had happend! he did it twice
Only noticed it the once but it was without a doubt aimed at Neymar as he jogged past him. Brilliant timing to it after his glaring miss, and then hearing the crowd which you could see he understood perfectly what was being sung.

Thought he wasn't aggressive enough at times but overall quite solid. On that Neymar chance where he pushed it wide, the ball was just bouncing there and he backed off instead of attacking it. Looked like Gundo told him as much right after as a captain should.

You're fucking clueless. Post is nearly as shite as that stupid Red heart that hurts my eyes everytime I see it.
Hes better than a top player, he's one of the best CBs in the world.

He is an average defender, did a stupid joggle with the ball that almost lead to mbappe getting a goal. His clumsiness almost gifted them a goal, luckily Neymar made a mess of that situation. Anyone who thinks Stones is one of the best CBs has to be absolutely clueless in regards to what a world class defender is.

Also the heart symbol hurts your eyes "every time", really, every time? If you have a problem with the heart symbol then you have bigger problems than worrying about my opinion of John Stones. You should really consider seeing an ophthamologist or better yet a psychologist, you might have a psychological problem.

Last edited:
All players have mistakes in them. For a defender it's most obvious because those mistakes lead to conceding goals, or goal-scoring opportunities.

I couldn't name you a defender in the world who I'm confident isn't going to make a mistake in any given game. Stones is no exception.

But he's reduced his mistakes over the years, he looks solid in defence, especially alongside Ruben but I was pleased with his performances alongside Laporte recently too. His positioning, anticipation, blocks...all great.

In the few games he's played this season, for club and country, what striker has had it easy? Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Richarlison... they were able to show so little of their games against him.

And the way he relieves pressure by passing and carrying the ball out of defence... I love to see it. Of course that style comes with its own risks. But he gives us something special in our build-up play.

As with so many of our players, I think he's perfect for us. There isn't anyone I'd swap him for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.