The It’s a bit windy weekend thread

Sure. I’m high up here for Manchester. Only had one lot of snow in 3 years here.

It’s not as picturesque though!

Quite a lot of people have relocated from darn sarf to Whitby and surrounding villages in recent years because they like to holiday there - winter becomes a bit of a shock to them. The funniest one's are those that buy huge shiny expensive flashy 4x4 at the first signs of snow - a posh car to the locals is a 4 years old Duster 4x4 most drive a beat up Defender and there are still some old Daihatsu 4Traks in use here. Also very popular is the very capable Panda 4x4 or Cross. You need something that when you bump it - coz you will - you knock your own dent out with a hammer and replace missing plastic trim with gaffa tape.

Oddly enough the coldest place I have played is Bournemouth. Winter @ 1996 - pitches next to Hurn Airport - never got above zero and you had to keep running just to stay alive is how it felt. So cold the showers were frozen so couldn't shower after the match so it was jump in the car with the heater full on and drive home - even then I was chilled to the bone and had to have a long hot shower when I got in
Hahaha that’s just horrible. We played tonight and with the wind it was minus 2 apparently. Hailstones driving in our faces at times was particularly unpleasant as well, but the wind just made it totally unplayable.

I'm with you we all die one day and the majority of us on here aren't getting any younger.

Last year I went abroad for six weeks with no jab as they hadn't started then. In spite of restrictions and hardly anywhere open there I had a great time. Recently got back from four weeks away and if the latest doomsday variant doesn't stop me I'm off in two weeks for another six weeks. I'm now triple jabbed, had my flu vaccine and done all I can. Life's a gamble and there's no pockets in shrouds.
With all that holidying youd have nothing left to put in the pockets anyway lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.