United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely a chip-shop name .....
Treated myself today to a portion of fish & chips - £7.15. I used to have a pocket-money job in a chippy back in the early 60's. Fish 1/- , chips 6d (equivalent to 7.5p), 10,000% increase
If I worked a full day, they would feed me pie & chips, 2 rounds of bread & butter, a cup of tea with a woodbine.

Treated myself today to a portion of fish & chips - £7.15. I used to have a pocket-money job in a chippy back in the early 60's. Fish 1/- , chips 6d (equivalent to 7.5p), 10,000% increase
If I worked a full day, they would feed me pie & chips, 2 rounds of bread & butter, a cup of tea with a woodbine.
In early 1976, a portion of chips was still only 6p.

But two very dry summers - '75 and '76 - put paid to that, and the price rocketed, and has, obviously, never been the same since.

You were lucky!
We used to dream of.......

It is funny that the biggest club in the world, supported by more than tenth of the entire human population, has chosen as its messiah an old dude who hasn't actually worked in the specific profession recently. He had been content to take Russian tax payers' money for this retirement, but the best club in England has given him his first, and probably last, dealings with a 'big' club.

It is funny that the biggest club in the world, supported by more than tenth of the entire human population, has chosen as its messiah an old dude who hasn't actually worked in the specific profession recently. He had been content to take Russian tax payers' money for this retirement, but the best club in England has given him his first, and probably last, dealings with a 'big' club.
...because they are prepared to give him more of these 'dollars'?
Ahh, I guess as they earn their own money, they're entitled to do what they choose with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.