Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omicron has a "substantial" ability to evade immunity from a previous COVID infection, according to the first real-world study of the variant's effect.

The finding suggests the new variant could cause a substantial wave of infections, even in populations with high levels of antibodies.

Worth adding that people with cases of reinfection have had mild symptoms, that’s the key bit of info for me.

Worth adding that people with cases of reinfection have had mild symptoms, that’s the key bit of info for me.
If those findings get reinforced over the coming weeks, and the variant in general turns out to be less serious than Delta et al, that’ll be very good news. There would be a downside though in that a substantial increase in infections would cause a lot of chaos across many industries with people having to self isolate.

If those findings get reinforced over the coming weeks, and the variant in general turns out to be less serious than Delta et al, that’ll be very good news. There would be a downside though in that a substantial increase in infections would cause a lot of chaos across many industries with people having to self isolate.
why self isolation if the symptoms are less serious and not putting people in hospital,it will become the dominant strain and we'l all come across it at some point so why not let it rip through society

The worry is we are seemingly hell bent on losing sight of what we all got told right at the very start of this.

At what point do we learn to live with a virus that will always be with us?

Talk of mandatory vaccination is a step way too far imo and I’ve had both covid jabs, had my booster and will continue to take whatever they advise me to take but very much so as part and parcel of living with it, not because I’m being mandated to.

Politicians have to start accepting what they told us all from the very start of all this.

why self isolation if the symptoms are less serious and not putting people in hospital,it will become the dominant strain and we'l all come across it at some point so why not let it rip through society
FFn958sXwAkEWM8.jpg

Tomorrow's cover of the Sowetan. Hospitalisations are lagging the steep rise in cases but certainly increasing.

The worry is we are seemingly hell bent on losing sight of what we all got told right at the very start of this.

At what point do we learn to live with a virus that will always be with us?

Talk of mandatory vaccination is a step way too far imo and I’ve had both covid jabs, had my booster and will continue to take whatever they advise me to take but very much so as part and parcel of living with it, not because I’m being mandated to.

Politicians have to start accepting what they told us all from the very start of all this.
i think the problem is there are many that simply dont trust them anymore esp after the PPE antics, pub landlords getting contracts then Hancock groping that woman and now this xmas party stuff, to be honest the list goes on and on,ive delayed my booster only a week or so untill we know if the vaccine holds up with this strain if it turns out the vax has no efect then we go again with a new vaccine i suppose and start over, as far as being mandated i cant agree and would stand with those who have not been vaccinated its just wrong in this day and age but is there an alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.