Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there is no football project to match ours I think. Some may beat us in certain areas but don’t think anyone matches us in overall quality as a football operation. Therefore there is nowhere for pep to go but down, doesn’t mean he won’t leave anyway just for a fresh start or something. But the interview tonight has improved my hope for another renewal. I think he might wait to see if we actually buy a bloody striker tho lol.
I think he will fancy a challenge elsewhere at some point. Also, it’s kinda good not to go on too long. Hopefully we are better at succession planning than the rags!

Gerrard is impressive,he talks so well and it seems his players listen.

Pretty much nailed on as Klopps successor,but i think he's professional enough just to keep an eye on.

I'm quite liking the thought of Artetta replacing Pep eventually. He's learnt from the master and is cutting his teeth at Arsenal, if he continues on this trajectory I think he'd make a good replacement... three or four years yet mind (hopefully).

Luis Enrique - Sorry if he's already been mentioned. He could definitely be worth a punt. Currently doing a good job as the National Manager of Spain, but he could work with the model that Guardiola has developed at City. They were both brought through the ranks at Barcelona and managed their B Team before making it.

Last edited:
I'm quite liking the thought of Artetta replacing Pep eventually. He's learnt from the master and is cutting his teeth at Arsenal, if he continues on this trajectory I think he'd make a good replacement... three or four years yet mind (hopefully).

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to poach him after doing his apprenticeship there.

He's still not proven and a bit green so it'd be a fair risk, but I could see.it happening.

If Arteta gets Arsenal back in the CL and regularly then I think there's a decent chance of it, he's ran hot and cold so far though and needs higher league finishes to get a sniff of the city job.

Arsenal were awful tonight. The players reflect very poorly on Arteta as a manager imo. The passing was either misdirected or off the ground ... basically ping pong football. A good coach would have them doing the basics very well. Passing and movement would make it easy on each other. Not requiring Messi type skills to control the first touch.

Please God we are not remotely interested in Arteta. I'd take Vieira over Arteta if we were forced to take one but I'd hope we'd get much better. I'd hope for a manager with a proven effective style of play on the pitch.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to poach him after doing his apprenticeship there.

He's still not proven and a bit green so it'd be a fair risk, but I could see.it happening.

You have claimed i am taking the piss while offering up this suggestion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.