#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we're now at the point where people are criticising him for his awful form quite a long time after that awful form ended.
Raheem has really come back strong in the last few matches. Personally I thought he was just burned out last season after playing too many matches for City and England. Bernardo was the same the year before. Raheem has shown real character in recent weeks. I really hope he keeps it up.

I thought he played well against Villa and has looked brighter in the last couple of games. If he gets his form back there will be some backtracking on here. It happened with John Stones and I was one of his biggest critics. Happy to have been proved wrong though.

Been much better the last few weeks. I also think he will be the biggest beneficiary of us bringing in a proper striker as well.

It’s all good for us though because I think Grealish will eventually play more central for us anyway.

I thought he played well against Villa and has looked brighter in the last couple of games. If he gets his form back there will be some backtracking on here. It happened with John Stones and I was one of his biggest critics. Happy to have been proved wrong though.
Let’s not get above ourselves with sterling’s form atm I mean yes he is playing better than he has for a season but is still way below his standard when he was tearing it up. In my humble opinion I would like to see him move on as he doesn’t get front of foden and grealish when they are both fit and he isn’t a false nine either. He has been a great player for City over the years but I’d like to see him move on .

Thought the last few games he has played really well. The thing is with Raheem, even at his very best he makes 'mistakes' because he is a very brave, direct footballer who is always looking to make something happen and doesn't ever resort to playing it safe. When he lacks confidence, he doesn't stop trying but the % of times he loses the ball increases dramatically. When he plays to his capability and form the % of times he makes things happen increases and the mistakes decrease accordingly.
Maybe the version of the team we have now is not the best fit for him as we are about constant fast movement of the ball between players. You could say the same about Jack though who has yet to come to terms with how the team plays.
I hope his form continues to improve and he signs a renewal.

If that was a good performance as many said in the match thread than the standards have dropped for him even further than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.