Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Max and Paddy Quotes su Twitter: "Forget the rest, they're second best, the  Banana Grove, beats the rest! He's rhymed rest with rest! No class!  https://t.co/tZBax1Pk4A" / Twitter

"They've rhymed City with City, no class"

In all serious naff effort.
That’s why we don’t get new songs taking off, people are too fussy

Great noise at West Ham and for anybody that's been to the London Stadium they'll know its by far and away the worst stadium in the country for helping to create an atmosphere which really puts to bed all these claims we can't create a good noise because of the ground.

Watch from 9:00. You wouldn’t kill for this at the Etihad? Lifts my soul more than anything British football provides today.

As aesthetically great the Euro fans are, I can’t stand the bank geek shit.

The best drumless English and Italian atmospheres are the best atmospheres around. Drums are fucking horrendous at football, they’re that annoying that I hate CL games when away fans bring a drum and after five minutes I wished I wasn’t there… the same monotonous shit drum beats, the same monotonous shit songs with no words, the same pathetic choreographed dance moves from Lisbon to Kazan and almost everyone in between… no ta, not for me!

In most of England and most of Italy, clubs don’t care for drums because most fans in both countries recognise they’re fucking shit and annoying. In Italy they are a lot more consistent than England for atmospheres though. But give me a drumless atmosphere over the band geek bollocks any day of the week! When we’re good, our atmospheres are fantastic in this country, but we only ever seem to be good when it’s a derby day, a title challenge game, or a latter-round Cup game in this country. We’ve shown we can “bring the noise” plenty of times in these types of games, we don’t need band geeks to get us going. But our boring fanbase needs to realise that half a dozen big games a season isn’t anywhere near enough to get up for. We need to get up for it most weeks because for many fans going to the footy isn’t just about the footy, it’s about the atmosphere in equal measure n’all. We only go 25 times a year, it’s not like it’s 25 times a month. I wish those sitting in total silence most weeks would put a rocket up their arses because theyre all making it boring in the stands for the rest of us.

I do really like the flares and banners though. That’s one thing the Euro fans definitely do better than us. And, it has to be said, the stadium being full is definitely aesthetically better than having empty seats, it also feels better in the stadium when you’re there when it’s full as well (especially on the most frabs of days, when you’re all packed in it’s a bit warmer than when you have an empty seat to your right and three empty seats to your left!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great noise at West Ham and for anybody that's been to the London Stadium they'll know its by far and away the worst stadium in the country for helping to create an atmosphere which really puts to bed all these claims we can't create a good noise because of the ground.
They were brilliant against Liverpool the other week n’all. I love their big one-tier stand facing the cameras running along the length of the pitch. The noise will carry really well there (one thing about our stadium is the little tiers really do break up the noise).

Leeds’ atmospheres at Elland Road have been fantastic this season n’all. They seem to have two proper ends for vocal fans (we don’t even have one!), one close to the away fans for the banter and one up the other end for the atmosphere, both ends sing all game. They must have space for about 15,000 vocal fans in their vocal stands, I doubt ours is more than 2,500 in our little efforts.

Wolves have a cracking atmosphere n’all.

Many of us keep banging on about this, but we need to make the North Stand our vocal stand. It simply has to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Thought it sounded poor tbh Until they scored the 3rd goal especially for a London Derby

Except the atmosphere was still pretty shit. If the stadium was even remotely suitable it would have been an incredible atmosphere.

Been our best year for about ten years away from home for atmosphere this season though!

All the silent high-pointers (that’s not to say all high-pointers are silent btw) and older fans, and all the tourists don’t seem to be there this season. It’s going down to lower points every week, and when that happens it always means we have a better atmosphere.

I reckon the younger groups have had a few years of going to away games together every week now (where they couldn’t get a chance bar the odd games before the 16-21 change) and they’re being bolder and having an effect on our noise.

Keep it up, great to see/hear. The other night at Villa was incredible for away atmosphere, loved it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.