• Yes

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 74.0%

• Total voters

supersonicblue

Team supported
Manchester City
We’ve looked so good recently with a false 9 but apart from Phil and a bit of Grealish last night nobody has looked like they’re a perfect false 9. So should we go for a player whose preferred position is actually that role? Is there one out there?

We missed this boat with Messi. It’s the hardest position in football to execute well - I’ve only ever seen Messi and KDB do it to a world class level. Foden will get there, but there’s no such thing as a ‘natural’ false 9, anywhere.

We missed this boat with Messi. It’s the hardest position in football to execute well - I’ve only ever seen Messi and KDB do it to a world class level. Foden will get there, but there’s no such thing as a ‘natural’ false 9, anywhere.
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but Firmino does it well

Wouldn’t say KDB is anywhere near world class as a false 9. Think Torres is the closest we have to a real false 9. Not sure who is out there that we could target as a world class false 9 in the way Messi was though , or even close.

Nah, what we gain in control from a false 9, we'll gain in the CBs being deeper and having to mark a natural 9. We'll adjust to the benefits of the system and minimise the weaknesses as always.

He'll just need to techincally decent on the ball as everyone in the team is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.