Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will likely also have an enormous effect on the psychology of hospital staff. Imagine having to save the life of someone whom you know has ignored all medical advice- may even do so in the future- while you refuse treatment to people who have followed advice but now finds themselves in desperate need of treatment. That’s before you think of the psychological impact on the bereaved families. How do they perceive ‘society’ per se after witnessing their family member tossed aside?
You could be right but I think it would not be that different to treating smokers, heavy drinkers and morbidly obese folk.

You could be right but I think it would not be that different to treating smokers, heavy drinkers and morbidly obese folk.
Perhaps, but as you can tell from your chosen examples, such patients tend to present in acute wards after years of physical deterioration, and they often present with comorbidities and even multimorbidities. In this particular case, hospital staff are being confronted with people whom they would not expect to see for many years yet, and we’re not talking about isolated cases either, so you have to factor in the psychological effect of doing this multiple times over multiple weeks. Quite harrowing.

They have only just introduced the need to test before you fly back to the UK but if you're only there for 3 days you don't have to have a test when you fly back.... you have to gave one before you go and test counts as your test for entering the UK and not bringing the virus with you. Senseless.

Yes.. but what is the point of everyone being tested to fly back if you don't have ho of you're only away for up to three days? If you're away for three days you could go kn a binge, get legless, snog anyone you want to (or who will let you ) catch Covid then come back get on a crowded tube and train and bus....
Don't think your contagious for the first few days.

Perhaps, but as you can tell from your chosen examples, such patients tend to present in acute wards after years of physical deterioration, and they often present with comorbidities and even multimorbidities. In this particular case, hospital staff are being confronted with people whom they would not expect to see for many years yet, and we’re not talking about isolated cases either, so you have to factor in the psychological effect of doing this multiple times over multiple weeks. Quite harrowing.
Drug users?

Drug users?
Not entirely sure what your question means. You can always conjure individual examples to support your case, but we’re discussing a general situation now where there are finite resources and seemingly infinite numbers of people presenting. Medical staff will always strive to save as many people as possible in normal times, but these are not normal times so it’s futile to equate the two.

This report shows how difficult and distressing the choice already was, and that was before vaccines had been made available to all.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200428-coronavirus-how-doctors-choose-who-lives-and-dies

Don't think your contagious for the first few days.
It's the opposite I think you'll find. That's how the bastard virus sneaks around.
"When Is the Coronavirus the Most Contagious?
Researchers estimate that people who get infected with the coronavirus can spread it to others 2 to 3 days before symptoms start and are most contagious 1 to 2 days before they feel sick"

It's the opposite I think you'll find. That's how the bastard virus sneaks around.
"When Is the Coronavirus the Most Contagious?
Researchers estimate that people who get infected with the coronavirus can spread it to others 2 to 3 days before symptoms start and are most contagious 1 to 2 days before they feel sick"
Yes it says with delta its 4 days till you become infectious 5.6 with original.

That’s not very accurate is it.
Sorry, had a few last night. I think I meant, let's take for example Astrazeneca; if you we're previously hesitant to take this due to not being confident in the timescale of its release for the ability to determine long term complications or not. You were called an anti vaxxer.

However, it has since been proven to cause blood clots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.