Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your vaccination and get on with fucking life including work.

Locking us away every few months is not sorting fuck all out is it? Closing business down every few months isn’t working either is it?

Telling me it’s my job to protect the NHS can fuck off as well. Use my tax money and everyone else’s and fund/staff and equip it with the capacity needed for 70 million is the only thing that we need to do.
This month ?I'm all for funding the NHS more. However we are dealing with the next 4 weeks as it is, not as we like it. We aren't being locked away just can't attend some large events.

Some people seem to think doing nothing and seeing how it goes is an option.

That's not what's happening though. Majority of people in the country have had two vaccines, many a third and that number is increasing by a huge number every day. We have LFT's at disposal, we have vaccine passports, we have masks, we are doing a lot - not nothing.

If the NHS is in such a state, its up to respective governments to sort it out without punishing people who are doing everything asked of them. If they can't do that then they are not fit for purpose. Otherwise, this could be a winter occurance every single year.

I don't think we are being told lies, there is nothing in it for the great economies of this world, currently in the shitter and now on the hook for circa £40 trillion between them.

However, I do believe sometimes the people in power and experts genuinely don't know, but need to maintain the veneer to the wider public that they are the people to be trusted to get it right, otherwise the economy is the last thing we will need to be worried about.

When it comes to Boris and Sir Chris Whitty, I think it would do no harm to them on occasion to say, "fuck if we know."

Except right now the bodies aren’t piling high.

And the ones that are, are what? People who are both vulnerable and who chose not to be vaccinated?

I’m absolutely cool with those piling high.
What a bellend!
Of the 2 920 deaths in the over-50s in weeks 46-49, 2 201 of those had been double vaccinated (75%). Hospitalisations are in roughly the same ratio. While the unvaccinated are no doubt causing unnecessary problems, there would still be a huge burden on the nhs.
Source

That's not what's happening though. Majority of people in the country have had two vaccines, many a third and that number is increasing by a huge number every day. We have LFT's at disposal, we have vaccine passports, we have masks, we are doing a lot - not nothing.

If the NHS is in such a state, its up to respective governments to sort it out without punishing people who are doing everything asked of them. If they can't do that then they are not fit for purpose. Otherwise, this could be a winter occurance every single year.

Spot on.

172 all settings deaths - was 150 last week

90,629 cases - was 59,610 last week. Rise has been stable around 31,000 for some days now.

Not saying I agree with the decision of the Scots and Welsh to have football behind closed doors but football concourses are a proper breeding ground. If Omicron had been around early November, having experienced the concourse at half time of the Old Trafford derby I dread to think how many would’ve caught it! I believe it was the same at Newcastle too on Sunday.

But it defeats the object if events at indoor venues are still going ahead with people present. Not only that, I wouldn’t mind betting that once these restrictions kick in case numbers will already be falling. The leaders are all over the place at the moment and if the positive news re Omicron continues it all seems rather unnecessary. We’re at around 90,000 confirmed cases per day but I reckon it could easily be 3 times that many or more, given those who are walking round with it unknowingly as Omicron symptoms are so mild for so many, those who know they probably have it but aren’t isolating, and those of us who have tested positive and are staying at home but haven’t reported the result. I’m in that latter category because I’m not having test and trace mithering the fuck out of me every five minutes.

Full on big brother time.
Conspiracy theorist don’t you know?
Authoritarianism creeping into Blighty by the back door in the name of covid? Surely not?
Vaccine passports? Will never happen.
Being sacked from your job for being unvaccinated? That’s just making shit up. Vaccinating not at risk children? That’ll never happen, although I see France agreed to vaccinate 5 year olds yesterday!
The biggest transfer of wealth in history from the poor to the rich? Surely not.
Decisions about lockdown being made by government employees on a non affected salary who all live in houses with gardens?
10 million days of schooling lost for our children to ‘save’ 80+ year olds who can then die a miserable lonely death after a life of being loved and cherished?
All that would never happen you arse……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.