Ref Watch

And I think that is the trouble with VAR. Once it gets down to this level just how accurate is the system. Get the ball played a millimetre too late and the recipient is a millimetre offside. Had they measured from the nano-second that the ball was played then the recipient is onside. Once that level of measurement is adopted it's open to any level of manipulation. I wouldn't be convinced that a millimetre is added on, or taken off, depending on the colour of shirt scoring the goal.
With offside decisions there is a lot to be said for not using lines drawn on the screen; if you can't see offside without lines then the advantage should be given to the attacking player.

Can we finally drop the agenda theory. We got away with another one today. If ederson was Ramsdale we'd be crying out for a penalty.
I should imagine that the comments about the BT commentary tells us that it's alive and thriving in all its vituperativeness. And let's not forget that Attwell wasn't giving that pen. I will need some convincing that refs are not permanently in 'No City Pen' mode from kick off, and occasionally forget themselves like Kavanagh did the other day! And then they have VAR to rely on to fuck us over.

Let me start out by saying I think there are too many poor performances from referees within a season.

However, today is a classic example of the referee making the right decisions and still getting shit.

The Odegaard penalty wasn't clear and obvious (foul on Ederson could equally be argued or even 50/50 with Arsenal getting a corner like what happened).

The Jesus penalty is also one that could and couldn't have been given.

He got the Bernardo penalty wrong and corrected it.

He was spot on with the red card.

Had a good game overall, Arsenal's theatrics made his job a lot harder.

Last edited:
With offside decisions there is a lot to be said for not using lines drawn on the screen; if you can't see offside without lines then the advantage should be given to the attacking player.
There should be a system that independently delivers a decision like lbw in cricket. Am I right in thinking that the VAR wallahs stop the flow when the they think ball is kicked and then draw a couple of lines? I would have thought a machine could have done all that. And I agree, F, anything that can't be decided then the advantage goes to the attackers.

Why was one if the linesmen missing for the first half ?
I didn't hear any reason from the idiots at BT

I think there are too many poor performances from them within a season.

However, today is a classic example of the referee making the right decisions and still getting shit.

The Odegaard penalty wasn't clear and obvious (foul on Ederson could equally be argued).

The Jesus penalty is also one that could and couldn't have been given.

He got the Bernardo penalty wrong and corrected it.

He was spot on with the red card.

Had a good game overall, Arsenal's theatrics made his job a lot harder.
The gabby one is given to salad and cr crap every week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.