Ref Watch

I recall the Neville/Carragher thing with refs pre-season.

One of the longer-standing refs (Atkinson, maybe): "Do not give a penalty unless you are 100% sure."

If I was assessing a ref on a Sunday morning I would be asking him how he could not see the Bernardo penalty. Same with 1 on Laporte the other week. To me it's lazy to rely on VAR.
Bit unfair imo. Xhaka’s body completely blocks the refs view of the tackle/pull on Bernardo. I do think he was too far away from the incident tho. Not sure why the linesman doest see it. VAR working perfectly though

One angle looked a penalty, the other angle clearly shows he got the ball and when commentators saw second angle they agreed it wasn’t, then bt decided to show first angle and not show other after the match.
The clip that's doing the rounds on Twitter makes it look like Odegaards foot rolls over the ball and onto Edersons foot which you can clearly see bend under the impact. One thing that VAR will take into consideration is the refs positioning. So with the first one they considered him to have a clear view of a 50/50 incident so no obvious error and no need to review at the monitor. For the Bernardo one they, quite rightly, felt he couldn't see the pull back and suggested he saw it and then reassessed his original decision.

If I was assessing a ref on a Sunday morning I would be asking him how he could not see the Bernardo penalty. Same with 1 on Laporte the other week. To me it's lazy to rely on VAR.
Didn't both of them wave away immediately the idea of a penalty? Both were blatant infringements and should have had the ref pointing to the spot immediately.

Unfortunately the Players and Managers are running the game these days. The officials have lost their authority. Thought Stuart Atwell did ok today even though we were constantly in his ear as well. The co-commentators disgracefully berated him. Chris Kavanagh at Brentford looked like a rabbit in the headlights the other night. It is time managers were stopped from going onto the pitch at full time to confront the ref in full view of cameras.

Just partially heard Gallagher on talk sport. To give you a heads up for ref watch on sky, it was a case of understood why the arsenal penalty was not given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.