The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks Pep Guardiola would ever give up a 13 point lead in a league season is an idiot, lying or a desperate liverpool fan.

The constant “pretend we’re still neck and neck so we’re not cocky” thing is so small time.
This was the same logic that had the rags believing in themselves at this point in 2012. I think you are right, but I'd rather risk being 'small time' for a few weeks anyway

Anyone who thinks Pep Guardiola would ever give up a 13 point lead in a league season is an idiot, lying or a desperate liverpool fan.

The constant “pretend we’re still neck and neck so we’re not cocky” thing is so small time.
Logic suggests you’re right.

I don’t understand why some online fans get their knickers in a twist about other blues being rightly very very confident. We’re just fans, we’re not supposed to be sensible, our overconfidence doesn’t matter one bit. If anything it’s a positive thing as it infuriates dippers and rags.

where the gains are being made:

View attachment 33464

which is why 2 weeks time is so key.
All 3 of us have now played 6 of that group of 9 teams away from home, we have gained 13 from 18 points, chelsea 10 from 18, and liverpool 8 from 18.

At home we have 12 from 12, liverpool 5 from 9, and chelsea only 2 from 9.

In total we have 25 points from a possible 30, liverpool 13 from 27, and chelsea only 12 from 27, a pretty remarkable difference, and they both have an extra game to play in that group than we do.

We don't even need to beat these 2 at home now, a point would be good enough against them both, as that means they drop 2 more points each anyway.

At the start of the season, I would’ve taken being six points behind the leaders at New Year confident that we would reel them in.
Being a typical City fan never goes away but I’m as positive as I could be that we will be celebrating again in Mar………..errmm May .

There is a world of difference between thinking we will win the league, and flat out calling it done halfway through the season.

Liverpool win their game in hand, 8 points behind. We were 7 behind them at a similar stage when we went on to win it in that epic run. We were 8 behind utd too, when we went on to win it.

I think we can well and probably will win the league.

I find calling it done crass and uncomfortable.
To be fair, we weren't chasing Man City though, we're we? ;)
Beat Chelsea and I think the other teams will throw in their championship aspirational towels for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.