City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Is the Daily United seriously trying to tell everyone that City's wage bill is higher than United's.

More fake and lying spin from the Daily United. I bet Neil Ashton has had hardly any sleep since the start of the New Year.

CF03-DF3-F-71-DF-4-CD3-8-A51-2214-E7-A7-FA6-A.jpg

Maybe it’s that after bonuses we pay for winning trophies we do had lots of types of bonuses in contracts.

Maybe it’s that after bonuses we pay for winning trophies we do had lots of types of bonuses in contracts.

They won't have that specific info. No newspapwe or Journalist would. Certainly not to flesh out a bog standard article like that.

It's just another desperate United PR story by the Daily United after United got beat last night.

We all know United pay higher wages than City. According to rumours, CR37 is in £500K a Week, De Gea is in £375k a Week, etc. Look at the size of their squad compared to ours. The Glazers and Woodhead have been paying silly wages for years. CR37 and Sanchez beening the prime examples. It wouldn't surprise me if United were still paying a percentage of Sanchez's wages.

Last edited:
The Ronaldo/Sancho/Varane numbers aren't in the MU figure quoted.
In November, they reported a quarterly wage of 88.5M, so 354M (presumably before bonuses, if anyone deserves one!)

City's 351M is from the annual report 2019-20, incl. 42M for non-playing staff as far as I can tell, but that is standard reporting for all, I think.

Chelsea's is obviously new.

Liverpool's is 2019-20, when they acknowledged having the second highest wage bill.

as far as I can tell, anyway.

From Swiss Ramble:

I remember years ago Jimmy Hill tried to run Coventry on business lines. While Jimmy had many good points, he wasn't much cop at this venture and said he had concluded that business methods did not work in football.
Sorry to disagree about Chinny Hill. I lived in Coventry when he was in charge of the club. He ‘converted’ Highfield Road into an all seater stadium by cordoning off the Kop standing area. He also stated that to crack down on hooliganism, that fans had to buy tickets several days in advance of the match or else be charged three times the price.

He seemed to think that no football hooligan would buy advance tickets or pay over the odds? Very weird thinking.

I would agree that in his earlier spell as manager, he did come up with some progressive ideas including reintroducing the sky blue shirts. However as Chairman he had lost the plot.

Sorry to disagree about Chinny Hill. I lived in Coventry when he was in charge of the club. He ‘converted’ Highfield Road into an all seater stadium by cordoning off the Kop standing area. He also stated that to crack down on hooliganism, that fans had to buy tickets several days in advance of the match or else be charged three times the price.

He seemed to think that no football hooligan would buy advance tickets or pay over the odds? Very weird thinking.

I would agree that in his earlier spell as manager, he did come up with some progressive ideas including reintroducing the sky blue shirts. However as Chairman he had lost the plot.
Not sure what you are disagreeing with, but I gave you a like for your info!

In November, they reported a quarterly wage of 88.5M, so 354M (presumably before bonuses, if anyone deserves one!)

City's 351M is from the annual report 2019-20, incl. 42M for non-playing staff as far as I can tell, but that is standard reporting for all, I think.

Chelsea's is obviously new.

Liverpool's is 2019-20, when they acknowledged having the second highest wage bill.

as far as I can tell, anyway.

From Swiss Ramble:

Surprised liverpools wage bill is high, I thought they all played for the honour and history

Last edited:
I know that it is not about FFP, but I saw this on the redscouse site and could not see a thread anywhere for what seems quite interesting/important news

Just shows the stature of our owner and Khaldoon - compared to the red shirt pimps - and how well connected they are.

I wonder if we could have influence on DCMS to check out these new PL rules?

"UAE to invest £10 billion in priority UK industries

The UK Office for Investment (OfI) and Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala Investment Company, today signed an agreement at Downing Street to significantly expand the UAE-UK Sovereign Investment Partnership (UAE-UK SIP), a framework for investment announced in March 2021

As part of today’s agreement the UAE has committed £10 billion via the UAE-UK SIP, overseen by the OfI and Mubadala, one of the world’s leading sovereign investors. This builds on Mubadala’s £800 million commitment and the UK Government’s £200 million to UK life sciences when the partnership was established in March.

Mubadala Board of Directors
https://www.mubadala.com/en/who-we-are/board-of-directors

Mansour bin Zayed ( Manchester City owner )
Khaldoon Al Mubarak ( chairman of Manchester City )"

Another Link:
UAE to invest £10 billion in priority UK industries - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

There is this new partner deal with a hotel in Abu Dhabi.
I looked at the website all I can see is that the owners are from Hong Kong.
This Colin Millar says that the hotel is owned by the government of Abu Dhabi.
@Prestwich_Blue Who is telling the truth the official website or Colin Millar ?

There is this new partner deal with a hotel in Abu Dhabi.
I looked at the website all I can see is that the owners are from Hong Kong.
This Colin Millar says that the hotel is owned by the government of Abu Dhabi.
@Prestwich_Blue Who is telling the truth the official website or Colin Millar ?

Owned by Abu Dhabi...managed by a Hong Kong based company

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.