Coronavirus (2022) thread

I’m on day 10 now since my symptoms started (29th December). PCR was positive on 4th January.

LF test this morning is still positive. I feel a bit under the weather rather than “ill”.

Few queries please Blues

1. Given it’s day 10 can I now just crack on as of tomorrow?

2. I’m supposed to be starting a new job on Monday. Safe to crack on with that?

Ta :)
Guidance is you can now go back to work. Risk of still being infectious is low but sensible to avoid high risk individuals and crowded places but LFT may remain positive for a while yet.

Surely there has to be a time when we stop all the testing and isolation of those who test positive and just get on with life? Here's just one example of how absurd it can be.

My friends were here on holiday in Tenerife. They brought their own test kits with them and before they went to the doctors to get tested used them. All were negative. At the doctor's the husband and daughter were negative but the wife tested positive. Her husband, thinking it was a mistake, paid for another test but it was positive as well. They had to fly home and she stayed for another week. No symptoms, she is fine. She flies home today. She was going to get another test but was told she doesn't need one now as the rules have changed. So if they had changed last week she would have got on the plane positive with another 200 people. Society can't function like this it's crazy.

Talking with some friends last night I mentioned that I am increasingly regarding Omicron to be a 'super vaccine'.

It is so transmissible that there will be little avoiding it over a period of the next few months - it will have essentially achieved herd immunity

I know that will not sit well with some - just how I am starting to view it
I’ve been saying it for a month bud. The fact exposure to omicron also gives immunity to delta and alpha is fantastic

I don't think you should if you are still testing positive. That line at T is a virus antibody reaction that produces a coloured response. You still have virus in your airways and therefore you are infectious.

Hopefully you will be well by Monday.

This mirrors my thinking mate but most people I’ve asked are saying just crack on.

Guidance is you can now go back to work. Risk of still being infectious is low but sensible to avoid high risk individuals and crowded places but LFT may remain positive for a while yet.
I have changed my mind. I think you're right.

This mirrors my thinking mate but most people I’ve asked are saying just crack on.
I read the guidance and I think you can go to work if you have no symptoms. It looks like I was wrong.

The guidance says:

When to keep self-isolating after 10 days​

If you have a high temperature after the 10 days, or are feeling unwell, keep self-isolating and seek medical advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.