Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Fri 7th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon if there is a good time to have a Covid outbreak it is now. In a non-Premier League weekend when we might play a weakened side anyway. I am more concerned about the knock-on effect for the Chelsea game in terms of player availability and preparation.

I am hoping too that the young players who have been waiting to play: Mcatee and Palmer are Covid-free. It would be a blow to them if they were to miss this game.

Great timing really, without sounding a twat. Gives majority of the squad immunity going into a key part of the season.

Just landing
Cheers. Isn't Flight Radar fab. Just clicked on the flight route, at one point about 5 miles from our house, should have raised one of my scarves on a flag pole!

Anyway on to tonight. I haven't a scoobies who will be in the starting 11. Fair play, hope we get through, although sounds like Swindon actually want to play proper footy and don't- at this stage appear to want to clog us to death. ITV commentary will be muted on my TV;they will be hoping for a repeat of Cheltenham, Swansea, Newport and Wigan, only instead of us snatching victory from the jaws of a near defeat, will be fervently wishing for a Swindon victory.

Looking forward to the game. And if we do get through a home tie next round - although that is usually reserved for Arse and Chavs ( just look how many homedraws they get in ALL comps).

Great timing really, without sounding a twat. Gives majority of the squad immunity going into a key part of the season.
Chelsea game could be awkward though. There are probably positives to take from it too. Wouldn't want a Covid outbreak at a later date to KO us at a crucial moment.

Morning all, Swindon fan in peace.

Merlin is probably your best bet- the whole booking thing is just for sitting and having a meal. youll be fine to walk in and have a drink.

Elsewhere, Old Town at the top of the hill in much nicer than 'New Town' at the bottom of the hill.

Avoid the CG Hotel & Tap & Barrell on *Manchester* Road, unless you are looking for a scrap!

Chippy on the magic roundabout is okay, without being great, the guy who used to own it has moved 10mins further away from the ground which is a shame as his fish and chips are arguably the best in Swindon. Probably wouldnt work out logistically as its the other way from the pubs.

Safe trip, have a good day just not too good a day!

Cheers. Isn't Flight Radar fab. Just clicked on the flight route, at one point about 5 miles from our house, should have raised one of my scarves on a flag pole!

Anyway on to tonight. I haven't a scoobies who will be in the starting 11. Fair play, hope we get through, although sounds like Swindon actually want to play proper footy and don't- at this stage appear to want to clog us to death. ITV commentary will be muted on my TV;they will be hoping for a repeat of Cheltenham, Swansea, Newport and Wigan, only instead of us snatching victory from the jaws of a near defeat, will be fervently wishing for a Swindon victory.

Looking forward to the game. And if we do get through a home tie next round - although that is usually reserved for Arse and Chavs ( just look how many homedraws they get in ALL comps).
What??? Arsenal (sponsored by dirty oil Emirates) get looked after in the FA Cup (sponsored by dirty oil Emirates)

I'm shocked I tell ya

Should be made to play all their games in the desert

Is it known who are the players with COVID? Or the squad that is travelling?

While it's a shame some of your first team players will be at home watching the match on TV, Swindon's team has been adversely affected as well.

Star midfield player Jack Payne injured against Northampton and is definitely out. Big loss.
Most valuable player, Welsh winger Jonny Williams, also injured in the same game and is a doubt.
Highly rated goalkeeper Jojo Wollacott is away at AFCON with Ghana
Covid cases at Swindon led to several postponements. Only played two games in the last 4 weeks so players are a bit rusty.
Captain and key centre back Dion Conroy missed those two games through suspension.

any first team player without covid I feel will play tonight to remain sharpness for the Chelsea game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 or 6 first teamers tonight to remain match sharp.

any first team player without covid I feel will play tonight to remain sharpness for the Chelsea game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 or 6 first teamers tonight to remain match sharp.
i agree, i think tonight's team will be pretty strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.