Coronavirus (2022) thread

This is just the most awful story, deepest condolences.

The entirely understandable desire of women to protect their unborn child from harm through vaccination has alas taken had a devastating toll on their and their babies' health in this pandemic.

We should have done much better as a society to help women of childbearing age understand the facts and how to best protect themselves and their children.
Need to have sufficient staff in place who are themselves properly educated and sufficiently confident to allay the fears of expectant women.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/mat...ern-over-vaccine-hesitancy-in-pregnant-women/

The rates in the United States are even worse.
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/...-people-low-vaccination-rate-covid-19/620458/

Fascinating isn't it?

SA data is (falsely) mooted by multiple posters here as having been ignored.

Yet here we find

The changing clinical presentation of SARS-CoV-2 infection is likely due to high levels of prior infection and vaccination coverage. The estimated seroprevalence of hybrid immunity (immunity from prior infection and vaccine induced immunity) for the City of Tshwane is 66.7% (95% CI, 54.2 to 69.0). About 36% of adults aged 18 to 49 and 58% over age 50 in the Gauteng Province are vaccinated. Another plausible cause for the lower number of admissions and decreased severity is a decrease in pathogenicity of the highly mutated Omicron variant, though more research is required to support this theory...

...The younger age profile of patients is likely to have been a factor of this clinical profile.

So even now, weeks later, these SA scientists are still saying that there is insufficient data to judge if omicron is inherently less severe - their current judgement is exactly the same as the SAGE assessment was in early December.

I fully expect those posters to continue their misinformation though.
I thought one obvious difference was that it's summer in SA so easier to keep places ventilated.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has been directly challenged by an unvaccinated hospital consultant over the government's policy of compulsory COVID jabs for NHS staff.

During a visit to King's College Hospital in south London, Mr Javid asked staff members on the intensive care unit about their thoughts on new rules requiring vaccination for NHS workers.

And Steve James, a consultant anaesthetist who has been treating coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic, told the health secretary about his displeasure.

"I'm not happy about that," he said. "I had COVID at some point, I've got antibodies, and I've been working on COVID ICU since the beginning.

"I have not had a vaccination, I do not want to have a vaccination. The vaccines are reducing transmission only for about eight weeks for Delta, with Omicron it's probably less.
And for that, I would be dismissed if I don't have a vaccine? The science isn't strong enough."

Mr James also revealed another of his colleagues held the same position.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has been directly challenged by an unvaccinated hospital consultant over the government's policy of compulsory COVID jabs for NHS staff.

During a visit to King's College Hospital in south London, Mr Javid asked staff members on the intensive care unit about their thoughts on new rules requiring vaccination for NHS workers.

And Steve James, a consultant anaesthetist who has been treating coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic, told the health secretary about his displeasure.

"I'm not happy about that," he said. "I had COVID at some point, I've got antibodies, and I've been working on COVID ICU since the beginning.

"I have not had a vaccination, I do not want to have a vaccination. The vaccines are reducing transmission only for about eight weeks for Delta, with Omicron it's probably less.
And for that, I would be dismissed if I don't have a vaccine? The science isn't strong enough."

Steve needs a fucking slap.

The other colleague isn't Beverley Allitt, by any chance ?

because it's unethical, immoral, unproven and billions of people need 2 jabs.
Giving people booster jabs that may save their lives and stop the pandemic is unethical and immoral and unproven?

How the fuck is it any of those things?

1,500 deaths this week last year, we’re now at 10% of that because of the vaccine, why do you think we’re not in lockdown ?

Giving people booster jabs that may save their lives and stop the pandemic is unethical and immoral and unproven?

How the fuck is it any of those things?

1,500 deaths this week last year, we’re now at 10% of that because of the vaccine, why do you think we’re not in lockdown ?
because people under 50 are double jabbed which is sufficient and people over 50 and vulnerable have the booster those demographics need.

We have a whole world virtually needing 2 jabs. They should get those first before any first world country boosters any normal person. They should be reserved for over 50s and vulnerable.

You can't prove the long-term efficacy of something if you stick a new dose in everyone's arm every few months, at some point you have to leave be and let what you've already given do its thing.

because people under 50 are double jabbed which is sufficient and people over 50 and vulnerable have the booster those demographics need.

We have a whole world virtually needing 2 jabs. They should get those first before any first world country boosters any normal person. They should be reserved for over 50s and vulnerable.

You can't prove the long-term efficacy of something if you stick a new dose in everyone's arm every few months, at some point you have to leave be and let what you've already given do its thing.
Why do you think that’s sufficient? What qualifications do you have to make that claim?

The experts in several countries are saying the 3rd jab is key in all adults to reducing hospital admissions and whilst the virus is clearly weakening itself, the race is to ensure the NHS can cope before herd immunity with Omicron.

Why do you think that’s sufficient? What qualifications do you have to make that claim?

The experts in several countries are saying the 3rd jab is key in all adults to reducing hospital admissions and whilst the virus is clearly weakening itself, the race is to ensure the NHS can cope before herd immunity with Omicron.
well the hospitalisation vs cases data doesn't reflect that. The NHS would cope far better if asymptomatic workers were not forced to isolate when they could be treating people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.