Where is the single most beautiful place you have been?

New Zealand. Milford Sound and Queenstown in particular are stunning but the whole place is in all honesty. It's how I imagine the planet was before humans came along and ruined it. Shame Jacinda has locked everyone out and is destroying their tourism industry.

Been to many beautiful places, but Brits don’t realize just how beautiful the British countryside is.

I have a particular fondness for the Peak & Lake Districts.

That said, sunrise over Northern Canada was pretty nice this past Sunday morning, even if a little cold and inhospitable! View attachment 34195
You are right about the British countryside.
I reckon if you hit Harris on the right day you would be pushed to find anywhere more stunning.
Mind you Chesterman Beach, Tofino is pretty special too.
Snorkelling the Barrier Reef was very memorable.

Eagle Point. The Grand Canyon

It was 48c on the day I went but it was worth it. Stunning place and I don't think you can grasp just how vast and big the Grand Canyon is until your actually there.

All the different colours in the rock formations showing how old it is and seeing the Colorado River at the bottom. Unbelievable place to visit. It was in the summer I went but apparently it's even more spectacular in the winter when it's covered in snow
53f0a5f443032d3f152aecc050f23fec.jpg

Eagle Point. The Grand Canyon

It was 48c on the day I went but it was worth it. Stunning place and I don't think you can grasp just how vast and big the Grand Canyon is until your actually there.

All the different colours in the rock formations showing how old it is and seeing the Colorado River at the bottom. Unbelievable place to visit. It was in the summer I went but apparently it's even more spectacular in the winter when it's covered in snow
53f0a5f443032d3f152aecc050f23fec.jpg
Grand Canyon definitely surprises you with its enormity.

As for being old…this is definitely one of gods more cunning additions to try to trick us/test our faith, what with the world only being about 6,000 years old (sorry…spent too much time reading the nut jobs in the religion thread)

My father in law used to work in Switzerland, so went to visit a few times. He was based near Lucerne, and the area around Lake Lucerne is stunning. We did a boat trip from one village that took us around the lake and then into Lucerne, and the water was so clear. Surrounded by mountains, so everywhere you looked was just incredible.

In fairness, most areas of Switzerland I visited were all absolutely stunning. Went to Locarno near the Italian border, and up a mountain where the views took in The Alps, Italy, the lake below.... just ridiculous.

Another vote for the Grand Canyon as well, drove from Vegas to the South Rim, and did the Desert View Drive where you can stop at multiple viewing areas around a ~25 mile route. Amazing.

Keep your hands on the wheel!!!!!!!

Looks lovely.
The great thing about using an iPad instead of 50lbs of manuals is the instant access to a camera. If you mount it in the right place on your window, you don’t even need to take your hands off the controls, except to touch it twice…not that I usually have my hands on the controls above 18,000 feet anyway! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.