Australia & Novak Djokovic case

I like my tennis and really admire Novak as a great player coming from his background to get to the very top - but maybe he fails to see that sport is not always the most important thing when the world is bleeding and people suffering - too self focused? IMO to be a true 'legend' (like Ali for example) a 'great' sportman needs to transend their sport, rise above it and fulfil a higher purpose for humanity to unite and inspire others, it is not just about their sport. Novak will never be a legend. His 'greatness' in tennis is now also open to debate.

Or, paraphrased,

"He's a cock".

his greatness in Tennis is already proven, another Major and he is the greatest of all time.

on the court, he is one of the most determined players I've ever seen and has the strongest mentality to fight for every point

his legacy will be tarnished by this - but there's no denying he is very close to being one of the greatest Tennis players of all time and one of the greatest sports player of all time.
I think his legacy is RUINED by this. He's shown absolutely SPECTACULAR bad judgement in this from start to finish. This latest pathetic attempt and getting the courts to block the government's decision again, WTF is he thinking??? How on earth does he think this is doing anything to help his aspirations TO BE REGARDED as the greatest ever???

The greatest ever ****, yes perhaps. Is that what you aspire to, Jojo?

I used to like the bloke, and through his own stupidity I am now at the point where I hope he never wins another set. And it could have been so, so different if (a) - of course the obvious sensible option - he just got himself vaccinated, or (b) he stood by his principles and said "fair enough, rules is rules, I will have to duck out of the Aussie open this year".

But no. And now, 7 billion people think he's an utter wanker.

Why is he not chucked out yet ?
His lawyers have launched another appeal kaz. So he's in detention again.

And the Serbian president has now accused Australia of abusing him.......unbelievable, abusing a lying conman LoL

Just kick him out ffs,he’s coming across now as a even bigger cnut than he was before..
If the Aussie judge overrules his own government's strict rules what next for this ****?
Traipsing round the world tournaments including Wimbledon demanding entry to those countries irrespective of the rules that apply to ordinary citizens?
There was a TV programme in the early mornings about the Australian Border Force. They were very efficient in their work and people for more worthy than this bloke were swiftly returned to where they came from if their paperwork was not in order or if they tried to mislead officials. No appeals let alone second appeals for them.
And the BBC ignores the big match at lunchtime to cover this shite.

Should this have been posted on the Boris Johnson thread?
There was a scruffy bloke with blond hair all over the place talking some sense about obeying the Covid rules.
A different Boris.

Really very strange that - if reports are to believed - the Aussie government is citing Djokovic being a public health risk as the reason for visa cancellation and deportation.

It seems to me that this could be open to interpretation and the risk that the court might disagree and overrule. Why on earth didn't they just say it's because of inaccuracies in his immigration form - something which would not be open to dispute? Or Djokovic's not going into isolation in Oz for 2 weeks - also not in dispute.

Why on earth do they want to leave the door open to the courts throwing the visa cancellation out, AGAIN??? Bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.