Australia & Novak Djokovic case

I like my tennis and really admire Novak as a great player coming from his background to get to the very top - but maybe he fails to see that sport is not always the most important thing when the world is bleeding and people suffering - too self focused? IMO to be a true 'legend' (like Ali for example) a 'great' sportman needs to transend their sport, rise above it and fulfil a higher purpose for humanity to unite and inspire others, it is not just about their sport. Novak will never be a legend. His 'greatness' in tennis is now also open to debate.

his greatness in Tennis is already proven, another Major and he is the greatest of all time.

on the court, he is one of the most determined players I've ever seen and has the strongest mentality to fight for every point

his legacy will be tarnished by this - but there's no denying he is very close to being one of the greatest Tennis players of all time and one of the greatest sports player of all time.

his greatness in Tennis is already proven, another Major and he is the greatest of all time.

on the court, he is one of the most determined players I've ever seen and has the strongest mentality to fight for every point

his legacy will be tarnished by this - but there's no denying he is very close to being one of the greatest Tennis players of all time and one of the greatest sports player of all time.

Novak has 2 issues, 1 is that he's a prick, who's only going to keep doing more and more unlikeable things and lose more and more fans along the way.

The other is that he won most of his majors after the big 4/big 3(+2) era was over, by 2015 Federer was done and Nadal's knee was fucked and Murray couldn't walk, Wawrinka's career has been over since 2016.

When they are all retired and gone, the era people will talk about being the best tennis has ever been will be 2008-2014, and Djokovic's dominance in the last 4 years has come through vitue of being the last man standing. When they were all at their peak, no one was picking him.

Fantastic Aussie shithousery. The fuckers do it well. Fair play.
Think the timing is quite normal, seen a few articles say the Aussies usually announce deportations at the weekend for a good reason?

Made my week this, hate this fucker. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Caught in lie after lie.

Novak has 2 issues, 1 is that he's a prick, who's only going to keep doing more and more unlikeable things and lose more and more fans along the way.

The other is that he won most of his majors after the big 4/big 3(+2) era was over, by 2015 Federer was done and Nadal's knee was fucked and Murray couldn't walk, Wawrinka's career has been over since 2016.

When they are all retired and gone, the era people will talk about being the best tennis has ever been will be 2008-2014, and Djokovic's dominance in the last 4 years has come through vitue of being the last man standing. When they were all at their peak, no one was picking him.
I think that's harsh. Djokovic may have wracked up GS wins in a a slightly weaker era (although Federer won a load in an even weaker period) but he's got enough big wins and performances to show that at his pomp he was a worthy match for anyone. His 2011 year is regarded by many as one of the best years in tennis ever.

His legacy will be tarnished with many because he's a prick. Another factor is his style of tennis sometimes can seem a bit dull (exact opposite of Federer). But objectively he's an all time great, annoyingly.

Number of majors is not the measure. Roy Emerson has 12. More thsn Laver, Agassi, McEnroe, Lendl.
The only really definitive statement in tennis is that Nadal is the greatest clay courter ever.
Conversely he's not in the argument for greatest player ever as his record at other majors is just OK.
I'd have thought Djokovic is on a shortlist with Laver and Federer for best player.

But back on topic Djokovic is an idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.