Covid and travel discussion

Couple of news outlets reporting that all inbound testing for fully vaccinated arrivals will be dropped by half term, so hopefully no more LFT bullshit at £15+ a time.

Something mentioned about 26th January being an announcement day; there was always scheduled to be a review of the general travel processes at the end of January so I think the rumours have mileage.

I do wonder if they will take that opportunity to then say that you're only fully vaxxed if you've had all 3, this has been previously hinted by knobhead Johnson and every adult will have had ample time to have had their booster by the back end of this month.

The next curiosity, if the above happens, is how they will view people who have had 2 jabs but no booster?
Are they going to sling them in with the unvaxxed and keep it to a simple '3 jabs fully done, 2 or less jabs then unvaccinated?'
Or maybe.... 3 jabs is fully vaccinated and no testing once home, 2 jabs are still required to LFT at cost once home (as is now) and 1 or 0 jabs are unvaccinated and have to PCR and isolate for 10 days.

Watch this space....

Reactions: ell
If you stay in the UK it’s not a holiday. No matter how it gets spun there’s no substitute for hot sun and clear blue waters.
We have a week abroad and week in uk, both very different holidays , both lovely in there own right.

but there is no break and switch off than sat with a cold beer on a sandy beach, sun blazing and the water clear and blue.

missed out since all this shit, cannot wait until skiathos in aug

I'm in Barcelona right now and they take covid a lot more serious than us in the UK.
Out on the streets 90% of people are wearing masks and if you go to any restaurants you have to prove you are vaccinated before being allowed to sit down.
I have been told off by shopkeepers for not wearing my mask above my nose.
In the UK you would not think covid existed but on being here I have found that other countries take it deadly seriously.

Holiday in lanzerote all paid for early feb, I’m thinking of moving it till later anyone have an idea what it will cost

Is it worth changing this thread name now? Holidays were go-ers last year and are ok for this year too. Maybe a "Covid & Travel discussion" thread? Can then throw any discussion about destination rules/safety/testing kit costs etc in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.