The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool need to win 15 of their 17 remaining games to reach 90 points.
I’d suggest that would be unlikely given their current PPG. They have some forgiving fixtures coming up but even so they remain in three cups.
11 wins and a couple of draws from our remaining 16 games would put us on 91
I don’t think it would come to that. As long as we don’t lose to them in April then my guess is something around last season’s 86 will be enough, so probably nine more wins and a handful of draws

Anyone think we can break 100 points this season ?

It's unlikely, unless we lose from Sporting...We'll concentrate on the CL and the FA Cup IF/When we secure the league. The great thing about having a good lead is we can risk a little more in the league and play pretty strong teams in the cups.

We can't afford to lose more than 2 games where as the Red Dippers can't afford to lose any games.

After what happened in the Last Grand Prix - anything can happen if the powers that be want it to

Liverpool went from 60+ league games unbeaten at Anfield to 6 consecutive losses within weeks. We know from our own experience things can go south quickly, e.g. 19/20 when we had to play both Ferna and Rodri at CB and went from 98 pts to 81 pts.

Our squad is high quality, but it's not big. Injuries to Rodri and Cancelo and we'd struggle to field strong teams twice in a week.

Those who think it's done, are free to bet their houses and cars on the title. Wonder how many would do it, though.
I think you’ll find we have by far the biggest squad ; )

It's unlikely, unless we lose from Sporting...We'll concentrate on the CL and the FA Cup IF/When we secure the league. The great thing about having a good lead is we can risk a little more in the league and play pretty strong teams in the cups.

Rotated teams can win PL games - we've done most of the big aways already. The way we're currently playing hard to see how or where we lose (we will eventually!).

Would Pep be driven by the possibility (albeit remote) of another 100 pt season? Or, if we secure the title with 3 or 4 games left, would he prioritise the CL, if we're still in it?

Rotated teams can win PL games - we've done most of the big aways already. The way we're currently playing hard to see how or where we lose (we will eventually!).

We didn't expect to drop 5 pts vs Southampton and Palace, but it happened. We nearly dropped points vs 10 man Arsenal.

Once we need to rotate the likes of Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo and Foden before/after big CL games, we will field significantly weakened teams. E.g., Rodri and Foden didn't start vs Southampton and we drew...

Anyone think we can break 100 points this season ?

The reaction I got from everyone else seemed to be "No".

We didn't expect to drop 5 pts vs Southampton and Palace, but it happened. We nearly dropped points vs 10 man Arsenal.

Once we need to rotate the likes of Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo and Foden before/after big CL games, we will field significantly weakened teams. E.g., Rodri and Foden didn't start vs Southampton and we drew...

On the other hand, these winning streaks reach a critical mass and become self-fulfilling IMO. The team cares a lot more about random midtable opposition when it's to set a new record for wins in a row, the opposition are more easily defeated.

Players get desperate to play in the CL knockouts or FA Cup games and play with something to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.