The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
97 is the magic number as things stand so 41 from 48 that's will liverpool winning all there games I think 31 points will be enough taking us to 87

If Liverpool first drop points, it's practically over, and they'll concentrate on the cups. If we drop points first, it may get more interesting for the neutrals. But Liverpool's fixtures are more difficult, especially in March when they'll have to play four top 10 teams in a row (Arsenal and Brighton away and WHam and United at home, and they've been crap vs top10 this season!) in between important and difficult cup games. Even if they do better than expected, they'll need to be almost faultless in April and May, which won't be easy, especially if they are still in the CL and FA Cup.

Reckon it's likely that our game with them at the Etihad won't be decisive. Btw, it will be between both legs of the 1/4 finals in the CL.

If Chelsea and the Cult both reach the final as we take a year off from our annual our sweet sweet Carabao, then that’s another game for them kicked down the road to the business end of the season.
Weirdly I can’t seem to find who they are scheduled to play in the league that weekend

I'd love to see it, but I think we'll drop more than 4 points in 16 games. However, if we're down to 7 or 8 games, still with that 4 point margin of error, then it's definitely on.

If we’re down to 7 or 8 games with a 4 point margin of error then the league will basically be over and it’ll be incredibly hard not to drop points we otherwise wouldn’t have with more at stake in the remaining games. Just look at last season when we were losing to Leeds and Brighton with the league close to or already won.

If we replicate our points total from our first 16 games (38 points with a very difficult fixture list) in our final 16 games we'll finish on 94 points. Liverpool would need to win literally every game to surpass that (or win 16 and draw 1 and hope to beat us on GD).

Looking at our next run of PL games ( and it's not too unkind a run).....
Saints A
Brentford H
Norwich A
Spurs H
Everton A
Utd H
Palace A
Brighton H

If we can win 6 and draw 2, I'd settle for that. Saturday won't be easy and, shit though utd clearly are, they raise their game when they come to our place. That would put us on 76 points, with 8 games to go.

If we’re down to 7 or 8 games with a 4 point margin of error then the league will basically be over and it’ll be incredibly hard not to drop points we otherwise wouldn’t have with more at stake in the remaining games. Just look at last season when we were losing to Leeds and Brighton with the league close to or already won.
And Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.