#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on you he worked his bollox off today

Who gives a fuck, nobody ever used that line to defend Sterling or Mahrez or Cancelo. Can't be one rule for Foden and one rule for everyone else.

He was poor on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure it's only because we signed a £100m downgrade to play in his position and now he's being shoehorned into parts of the pitch he's clearly not suited to.

Who gives a fuck, nobody ever used that line to defend Sterling or Mahrez or Cancelo. Can't be one rule for Foden and one rule for everyone else.

He was poor on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure it's only because we signed a £100m downgrade to play in his position and now he's being shoehorned into parts of the pitch he's clearly not suited to.
Very true

In the vast majority of cases,if a player gives his very best,supporters will go easy on their performance.

Phil is a fans favourite for many reasons,playing with his heart on his sleeve is just one.

However,he isnt at his best and,in part,that is because,like others,he is being asked to play a less than ideal role that is to the detriment of his performances.While clearly we are not struggling as a result of the square pegs,i think Pep still needs to work out how his best players are best utilised.

Phil still looks short of fitness to me.

The manager seemed more than happy with his performance. Il trust his judgement! Sometimes the false 9 has to played selflessly I feel he did thst Saturday

So because Pep decides to use Foden in position that might not be his best but assists the team in a team sport and he is not at his best, it gives you the right to slag him off. Well done.

So because Pep decides to use Foden in position that might not be his best but assists the team in a team sport and he is not at his best, it gives you the right to slag him off. Well done.

Pathetic response.

I literally said he was poor "only because... he's being shoehorned into parts of the pitch he's clearly not suited to". Which is the same as what you're saying. You're just being too much of a knob to realise that I agree with you because you can't hack anyone saying anything negative about your favourite player.

Regardless, saying a player was poor in one game is not 'slagging him off'. If that's your reaction to someone simply saying a performance was poor then I can't imagine how hard the world must be for you.

He's one of the best options as a false 9 because he chases every ball, presses fantastically well and makes runs in behind. His ability to be in the right place in the box is better than most other options in that spot. He wants to get on the ball and create but he manages better than most at refusing that urge to drop deep all the time and runs to stretch the defence and make space for the opposition. The goal was magic, but Phil had pressed Kepa who then kicks the ball long which gives us possession back. He then gets himself onside and on the shoulder for Kevin to play him in, that forces the defence to back off Kev a bit and when Silva finally steps up to press Kev it's too late and the ball is in the net.

A lot of our other choices as a false 9 want the ball to feet more often than not. Foden has such good awareness of space that he is a great option there, even if it isn't his best position. Beating Chelsea means it was a good choice. There was also another chance he created by dropping in to take the ball to feet, playing it to Sterling in space and then bursting in the box. Sterling's shot was dragged across goal, if he'd have got that ball right Foden had a tap in.

Pathetic response.

I literally said he was poor "only because... he's being shoehorned into parts of the pitch he's clearly not suited to". Which is the same as what you're saying. You're just being too much of a knob to realise that I agree with you because you can't hack anyone saying anything negative about your favourite player.

Regardless, saying a player was poor in one game is not 'slagging him off'. If that's your reaction to someone simply saying a performance was poor then I can't imagine how hard the world must be for you.
Interesting, to start with it wasn't you I initially replied to unless you have more than 1 user name. I don't have a favourite player I have a favourite team. No player (worker) is going to have a perfect game (day) every time, they are human not robots. What do you know about Foden's life/situation/fitness for that game? As a fan give them the benefit of the doubt, he didn't go out to play below the level he has set for himself.

Interesting, to start with it wasn't you I initially replied to unless you have more than 1 user name.
Hardly matters, you were definitely talking to me by the time you started being a dick.

No player (worker) is going to have a perfect game (day) every time, they are human not robots.
What's that got to do with anything?

What do you know about Foden's life/situation/fitness for that game? As a fan give them the benefit of the doubt, he didn't go out to play below the level he has set for himself.

What's your point? I said he was poor on Saturday. I even offered my theory as to why he was poor. You've somehow read that as "Foden is shit, we should sell him" which is laughably oversensitive.

I want to see foden played in midfield. If he is played in midfield. I think he can maybe he can become the greatest midfielder the premier league has ever seen. Perhaps even surpassing Paul Scholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.