#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's wasted as a false 9. He'll run his bollocks off and close down all game long but is that really all you want from one of the most talented players on the pitch? The sooner we get a striker the better as he can go back to playing a role that makes the most of his talents.

Always gonna be difficult up against 3 CBs, moreso when he isn't a natural striker. But the effort he gave was plain to see. Him dropping deep to retain/win back possession was also a huge help to the midfield.

Couldn’t have tried any harder today. Just didn’t quite click with some of his passing and shooting. His pressing was something to behold though. For me, still a comfortable 7/10.

He has been unfit for a few games, for whatever reason. It took Kevin a few weeks to get back after a bout of Covid. We can’t expect everyone to be at their peak all the time. But the effort was there in spades today

I agree with those saying it wasn't a great game for him. It was just the on the ball stuff which didn't live up to his usual standards but it's not like he was awful or anything. Just not the Foden we've all come to know.

That being said, he worked his arse off so he still deserves a pat on the back. Might be a weird thing to say but I feel like it was a bit of an out of form Bernardo performance in that regard.

Apart from Sergio, most players who fill the CF position are being lost there.

I would prefer Foden on the left than CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.