Jim Beglin commenting "Emptyhad" on Live TV | City lodge complaint (pg 38)

A Rangers fan of my acquaintance who told me our recent 31K v Wycombe in the cup was embarrassing and why we will never be considered a big club is now telling me an Ibrox crowd of 30K v Stirling tonight in the cup is magnificent support.
That is poor. What a dick he is.

I wish people would stop going on about atmosphere at football games - back in the 90s id go down the north stand steps at half time into the concourse and they’d be a thick layer of smoke and 100s of pissed men singing city songs.

thats the key difference - alcohol!

a massive % of the crowd now are driving/children/women who basically dont drink at the games. Or they are guys who dont want to get pissed up for whatever reason. And i’m the same, will get to the game and have one pint snd then go sit in my seat.

the liklihood of me getting on my feet and starting a song is basically zero because like a normal sober english person i’d be self concious about it.

especially at a 12:30 kick off.

A Rangers fan of my acquaintance who told me our recent 31K v Wycombe in the cup was embarrassing and why we will never be considered a big club is now telling me an Ibrox crowd of 30K v Stirling tonight in the cup is magnificent support.
I’ve said this many times, but most of the bigger clubs on this island have a fairly similar core support they can really rely on.

United get early round domestic cup attendances of about 45,000 and there were around 40,000 there for that rearranged Bournemouth game after the bomb scare.
Liverpool got a home attendance against Bolton under 34,000 when Hodgson was in charge, and another when the Icelandic Ash Cloud meant all flights were cancelled (so it was just the locals in there) was around 37,000.
City averaged 39,997 under Pearce.
Rangers averaged about 33,000 in the third tier, not much higher to what City (28k) got in our third tier and about the same as what Sunderland (32k, 30k, 30k) have been getting in the third tier.
For home games in the Scottish Cups Rangers and Celtic get around 40,000 attendances unless they play each other.

Anyone else who ever turns up or claims to be a fan are just the extras, who will likely never be near the club if they ever have any extended periods of wilderness years.

All the decently sized clubs on this island from Newcastle to Everton Villa WestHam Spurs Arsenal Chelsea… all have this chunk of fans either in the 30,000 or 40,000 region. Even Norwich managed to get an average of around 25,000 in the third tier, which is better than anything Forest and both Sheffield clubs ever got at that level and better than Leeds for two of the three seasons Leeds were down there (who all have fairly decently sized core supports as well).

Last edited by a moderator:
Half Man Half Biscuit

There’s a girl I’m told who rolls her eyes at the Gok Wan acolytes
Underneath her bed there lies a collection of ammonites
And she lives somewhere you wouldn’t wanna get stuck
That can’t be found in the Domesday Book
Cromwell’s troops never billeted there
Dick Turpin never had Bess shoed where
This girl I’m told rolls her eyes at the Gok Wan acolytes

This spoon in my drawer, a reminder of childhood
Stayed loyal down the years in a way others never could
The wine has coiled its way around my understanding
And I’m deaf to your libertarian jeers
They should just brick Jim Beglin up with the Gok Wan acolytes
Brick him up

Funnily enough out of all the commentators out there who gleefully knock us I don't recall Beglin ever really having anything too outlandish or derogatory to say about us.
Which makes his comments all the stranger.
He has his moments bro' - not all sugar n spice.

If you really want a warm glow listening to beglin. Check out his reaction to Vinny's screamer against Leicester. Whilst Neville was almost creaming himself, our Jim was choking behind the mic such was his silence opposite peter drury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.