Covid and travel discussion

Holiday in lanzerote all paid for early feb, I’m thinking of moving it till later anyone have an idea what it will cost

Impossible to answer without more detail.

Depends on entirely how it was booked (is it a package, if so with which tour operator....or is it flights and hotel you've booked yourself? etc)

I would say that if you can go, then go. You can have a relatively normal holiday in the Canaries right now despite their restrictions (which aren't too bad in Lanzarote)
Moving it to further down the line could incur high change costs/fare difference costs and there's no guarantees that ''later'' will be any better than the here and now. Plus the imminent removal of the day 2 test means no testing to go into Spain or back to UK if fully jabbed.

Just my opinion though.

no
we would have to change flights at the last minute and not land at bkk
plus
my wife is from Udon 1000 miles north of phuket

plus we have 1 month
we cant waste 1 week in a sandbox

edit

and also,the thais have suspended the "thailand pass " that you need to fill in and apply for before travelling,anyone after the 15th of jan who already applied and had it accepted isnt allowed in,they will review it for february but we cant change flights ,cos we just dont know what they will do next

Is your trip back on now mate in regard to the new rules announced today? ^^

Is your trip back on now mate in regard to the new rules announced today? ^^
Nope
we cancelled when our flight was due to land jan 31st,1 day before i knew the new rules would come in.

if we book another flight to get there on the 1st feb

we have 10 days now to book a sha hotel for the first and 5th night,get covid insurance,sort my wifes vaccine certificates, and then apply for the thailand pass,after todays anouncment,i reckon they will be swamped with applications,if we dont get ours ontime,we woldn't be able to fly on the 31st jan.

if we go 1 week later or 2 weeks later,we both then have to arrange new holiday time off for work

its just too much to do in a short time

i will be staying off for feb still,i was having 4 weeks unpaid leave ,I will just drink myself stupid,im just sick of constant kicks in the teeth the last 2 years.

Is it worth changing this thread name now? Holidays were go-ers last year and are ok for this year too. Maybe a "Covid & Travel discussion" thread? Can then throw any discussion about destination rules/safety/testing kit costs etc in there.
No problem, that’s done now.

Is there anything specific going on with trains in the UK? is it still OK to just rock up on the day and buy long distance travel ( Manchester to London ) or do you need to book in advance still?

Is there anything specific going on with trains in the UK? is it still OK to just rock up on the day and buy long distance travel ( Manchester to London ) or do you need to book in advance still?

Fine to book on the day I think.
Trains did go through a fairly long period of only selling a certain amount of tickets for every journey (social distancing and whatnot) but that is a thing of the past now.
Obviously advance tickets will likely be cheaper than on the day but you can just rock up, buy and board now.
(I dread to think what the walk up price is for Manchester - London without a railcard....)

I'm in Barcelona right now and they take covid a lot more serious than us in the UK.
Out on the streets 90% of people are wearing masks and if you go to any restaurants you have to prove you are vaccinated before being allowed to sit down.
I have been told off by shopkeepers for not wearing my mask above my nose.
In the UK you would not think covid existed but on being here I have found that other countries take it deadly seriously.
Yeah, they are taking it that serious that they’ve just reported 50k more daily cases than the U.K. lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.