Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Still really annoyed by another shocking refereeing performance.
And it ain't just us, the inconsistency from these referees week on week is truly shocking.
That today is the clearest red card you will see.
He should have at least been told to go and look at it for himself.
Clearest you’ll see but should have had a look? It was never a red.

Some very drunk City fans and the attention-seeking pitch invasions are becoming a tad irritating, albeit they seem to be happening at most grounds.

As for the game, I thought Sterling was back to his wasteful worst, and aside from the obvious miss, he also messed up an overlap just before their goal.

Rodri was imperious, and Grealish seemed more influential,, but Southampton deserved a point, mainly for their First Half performance.

The foul on Aymeric was a red - as the exposed wound proves. As usual, BT brush it under the carpet 'glancing blow' they said. Co-commentators are fond of saying 'he didn't mean to harm him' when one of our players gets poleaxed.
High, late and studs up. Any two of those three would normally warrant an early bath. Imagine one of our defenders making that same foul on Salah - instant red card, no discussion, no VAR, 3 match ban minimum

Anyone…and I mean ANYONE…with any football knowledge, experience or acumen KNOWS it was a red card.

The fact that it needed VAR is quite sad, because where he caught him was obvious.

The fact that it went to VAR and was NOT considered a red card is absolutely scandalous.

I hope City write to the Premier League and PGMOL for an explanation of how a thigh high, studs up, straight leg “challenge” (that results in a leg gash on the mid thigh) is NOT a red card offence, and if so why Stones red card was not rescinded, when it was a much less serious offence.

It is a disgrace that PGMOL is not held to account.

Btw, that ref has NEVER issued a red card in the Premier League and, during the game, while looking up the VAR Official, it said he was a United supporter with a United tattoo on his shoulder. That tidbit is no longer listed, so I’m not sure if it was a bogus “fact” or was simply removed to avoid the question of bias?!

Regardless, on the merits of the “tackle” and the decisions by the ref & VAR, the outcome is outrageous!

Two refereeing/VAR decisions helped decide that game:

1) Foul on KDB that wasn’t given

2) Red card that wasn’t given

The KDB foul wasn’t given in real time because the ref WAS AFRAID to give the penalty. He was then BAILED OUT by VAR, by saying it WAS A FOUL, but NOT A PENALTY…even though TV replays SHOWED and pundits ALL AGREED it was a penalty!

The red card challenge?
Well, what can anyone say? It’s the most obvious red card challenge I’ve seen in a long long time! I said it when it happened, and it was confirmed by replay, yet the VAR official said it wasn’t and didn’t even tell the ref to take a look for himself.

Absolutely disgraceful officiating, but until clubs make a SERIOUS ISSUE of it, the officials will continue to get away with murder.

I can’t believe the number of weak, deer in the headlights looking referees we currently have in the Prem. SO WEAK, IT’S NOT FUNNY!!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.