Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Sterling at his wasteful worst again. When he's one on one with the goalie you'd bet on him missing everytime.

Having watched this match twice through in its entirety, pausing the playback regularly, I'm quite encouraged. We actually didn't play badly at all once we woke up, round about the 25 minute mark. I'll state it firmly: if we play like that collectively, and show the same determination, we shall be champions, and by a greater points margin than we're currently leading by. I'm certain of it.
The big caveat is not starting dozily, as we unquestionably did. The pace of our passing for the first twenty minutes made you think that 11 hibernating sloths were on the pitch. Above all, if we do that against the dippers in April, we'll be three down before we've even got in to the game. We know how they always start at a thousand miles an hour. Of course, it may well not actually count by then. But let's smash the dippers anyway, eh?

SAINTS OR SINNERS

Is this the secret tactic behind Southampton’s success this season that cheeky Hasenhuttl uses between 60 and 70 mins?​

i called this in the post match comments and its cheating ?? their players are faking injury to get refresh gels and drinks ??

Yes, I found it odd. I've got to say I've always understood that the line is itself part of the penalty area. And when the foul was committed, you could clearly see that two defenders had their foot on the line. Did Kev? Not sure, very difficult to see. So I'm not sure how the rule works in that case.
"Darren England, the VAR operator, decided it was a foul but it was not a penalty as it was outside the area"

It was a penalty, no surprise though England did not give it, he failed to give 2 clear decisions from Var to Cardiff v the Dippers {penalty and keeper red). His last 5 appointments have involved a Dipper game (3 in a row) and us twice inc Var v Spurs. Seems to be the PGMOL new go to guy by being involved in 5 games in a row for us/Dippers

If they are feigning injury, they are cheating. It looks suspiciously as though they are feigning injury.

the player was down faking injury and knew what the plan was ? the physio did nothing really but talk and give the player a drink and wasted a couple mins then walked of and ran back on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.