Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

No prizes for guessing Who the big beasts in this part of the jungle are, and that’s not a reference to Rick Wakeman’s girth; although I hope he and his English Ensemble will be the next gig I go to.

John Waite – Bit of a Baby

Rick Wakeman – Yes man and rock’s second-best keyboardist

Joe Walsh - Analog man

War – What are they good for?

The War on Drugs – Springsteen wannabes

Warrant – Hairy metallers who should be arrested for their cherry pie

WASP – Hairy metallers who rock like beasts

Roger Waters – Which one’s Pink?

Jeff Wayne – War, what is it good for?

We Are Harlot – We are not impressed

Weather Report – Fathers of fusion

Weezer – alt Boston apparently

Bob Welch – Went from Fleetwood to Paris

Wendy O. Williams - Wow

Wet Willie - Funky

Whiskey Myers – Southern rockers

Whiskeytown – Ryan Adams birthplace

White Lion – Mane men

White Sister – Californian hard rockers

White Stripes – Double trouble

Whitesnake – David Coverdale backing band

Whitford St. Holmes - AeroNugent

Chris Whitley – Big sky blues

The Who – Quad mod mob

Paul Weller – Jam band member

Widespread Panic – Proper jam band

Widowmaker – Killer rock band

Wild Cherry - Funky

Wild Horses – Rainbow Lizzy Rejects

Wildhearts, The – For those that like Ginger

Wilson, Steve – Remix king

The Winery Dogs – US superthreepiece

Winger – Fly weight metal

Wings - Fab backing band

Edgar Winter – Johnny’s brother

Johnny Winter – Edgar’s brother

Steve Winwood – AOR star

Wireless – Quirky Canuck rawk.

Wishbone Ash – Twin lead guitar pioneers

Ronnie Wood – Keith Richards wannabe

No prizes for guessing Who the big beasts in this part of the jungle are, and that’s not a reference to Rick Wakeman’s girth; although I hope he and his English Ensemble will be the next gig I go to.

John Waite – Bit of a Baby

Rick Wakeman – Yes man and rock’s second-best keyboardist

Joe Walsh - Analog man

War – What are they good for?

The War on Drugs – Springsteen wannabes

Warrant – Hairy metallers who should be arrested for their cherry pie

WASP – Hairy metallers who rock like beasts

Roger Waters – Which one’s Pink?

Jeff Wayne – War, what is it good for?

We Are Harlot – We are not impressed

Weather Report – Fathers of fusion

Weezer – alt Boston apparently

Bob Welch – Went from Fleetwood to Paris

Wendy O. Williams - Wow

Wet Willie - Funky

Whiskey Myers – Southern rockers

Whiskeytown – Ryan Adams birthplace

White Lion – Mane men

White Sister – Californian hard rockers

White Stripes – Double trouble

Whitesnake – David Coverdale backing band

Whitford St. Holmes - AeroNugent

Chris Whitley – Big sky blues

The Who – Quad mod mob

Paul Weller – Jam band member

Widespread Panic – Proper jam band

Widowmaker – Killer rock band

Wild Cherry - Funky

Wild Horses – Rainbow Lizzy Rejects

Wildhearts, The – For those that like Ginger

Wilson, Steve – Remix king

The Winery Dogs – US superthreepiece

Winger – Fly weight metal

Wings - Fab backing band

Edgar Winter – Johnny’s brother

Johnny Winter – Edgar’s brother

Steve Winwood – AOR star

Wireless – Quirky Canuck rawk.

Wishbone Ash – Twin lead guitar pioneers

Ronnie Wood – Keith Richards wannabe
Steve Winwood - good shout. For some reason, last week I decided to listen to Back In The Highlife all the way through whilst working. Haven’t heard it for a while but all 8 tracks still sound fantastic.

Reactions: OB1
My list is above.

I think Heart are possibly my favourite H act. I like pretty much all their stuff. I was delighted to find an album from 2004 by them I didn't know existed in a 2nd hand record store the other day. Seen them a few times, incl. supporting Queen - but in Leeds; most recently with an orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall. Anne Wilson is simply a female Robert Plant.

Never bought much Hawkwind in the past - although first gig I saw by them was the day Marc Bolan died - but been on a quest the last year or so to collect their best albums.

Special mention for Hanoi Rocks who were friends of my best friends. I finally got round to adding all their albums to my collection with a box set purchase. Aside from a compilation cd, I didn't have anything else anymore: I used to tape their albums from my mate's vinyl versions and my tapes are long gone. Most of the material is very familiar and so good. Simply tragic what happened to Razzle.
Just been catching up with Heart (in fact currently listening to the Royal Albert Hall album), they're a very talented duo the Wilson sisters. I only had a couple of their albums, maybe three, one I had completely forgotten I owned once, Bad Animals, but I knew every song on it so must have played it quite a bit. Amazing that they're still going.

Just been catching up with Heart (in fact currently listening to the Royal Albert Hall album), they're a very talented duo the Wilson sisters. I only had a couple of their albums, maybe three, one I had completely forgotten I owned once, Bad Animals, but I knew every song on it so must have played it quite a bit. Amazing that they're still going.
Ha ha. I don't sell/giveaway many CDs but Bad Animals was one of them.
I think I was just getting rid of some CDs at the time to make room in the house but that is a good album.I also had their self-titled 1985 album which I must have given away or sold in the same batch.

Great band.
My favourite album is Little Queen for Barracuda, the use of Mandolins on a few tracks and of course the vocals.

I've got 17 albums, incl. live and greatest hits. Recent albums have been surprisingly good but not suprisingly it's the early stuff that I like best; although I do very much like the ultra commercial huge hit that was "Heart".

Oh and I was at that RAH gig.

I've got 17 albums, incl. live and greatest hits. Recent albums have been surprisingly good but not suprisingly it's the early stuff that I like best; although I do very much like the ultra commercial huge hit that was "Heart".

Oh and I was at that RAH gig.
I think it was after Bad Animals I stopped buying but I did that with so many back then. I think I’ve got every vinyl album up to that point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.